The best image for cloud ibox 2 plus?

2sppandey

This has probably been asked many times. Pls bear with me..

Do I need to load an image on to the box to use it or can I continue using the one it ships with (I am guessing it's openpli)

Pls suggest a stable image and version for this box that is not very complicated and has all the bells and whistles like tsmedia, ice films and other such plugins included. I am not looking for something that has lot of tinkering options, just something that is easy to navigate, stable and has all the fancy plugins. (I wonder if that's too much to ask :grin: )

Can you pls also share a link to downloading the image.

This has probably been asked many times. Pls bear with me..

Do I need to load an image on to the box to use it or can I continue using the one it ships with (I am guessing it's openpli)

Pls suggest a stable image and version for this box that is not very complicated and has all the bells and whistles like tsmedia, ice films and other such plugins included. I am not looking for something that has lot of tinkering options, just something that is easy to navigate, stable and has all the fancy plugins. (I wonder if that's too much to ask :grin: )

Can you pls also share a link to downloading the image.

This should do you jenseneverest jan14 cloud ibox 2 - Downloads - TechKings i use this one and it has everything you need....

If it is a new box (serial number has date in it) you would be better using a new image like apollo. Kernels are different.
Theres other backups in download section

Cloud Ibox - Downloads - TechKings

or get raw images from cloud-iboxdot net. They hold all current images. In my opinion vix is best suited to the box. Also the older image above wont be able to online update (I believe) and plugin updates may not sit on it well. Only my opinion tho :)

Sucmnsee.. Yes its a new box. I will check the date on it. Can you tell me if there are clones for these as well.. If yes.. Is there a way to check that?? As I don't wanna load the wrong image and brick it!!

All of this is at ur own risk. But most seem to get on ok

If it doesnt say made in korea anywhere on the back then take the 5 screws out and both circuit boards should say airsat DDT. Id say ur safe after that to run any bootloader for it.
There will also be a new backup based on vix 030 with new kernel bootloader posted in downloads section over coming days but most recent there is fine.

Last edited:
Id go with 022. Unless you want to be adventurous and wait for 030 needing the 05/08/14 bootloader. Slight risk if anyone has a clone but shouldnt need changed as quickly down the road. Again all own risk. Im a tinkerer.

No. Prob not. Try the 022 and itll at least get u used to the box. If you want to try (v little different) 030 later at least ull knkw what ur at.

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 PM ----------

I'll be about for next half hr then drunk so just make sure you have time and peace to do it :)

I have a cheap Plus 2 clone and had problems installing cccam on any image. I finally found a backup of Open ATV image with cccam already installed and it wirked fine.
My problem now is streaming. Streaming via I.E> or Firefox to VLC does not work. There is a connection as I change channels get channel list epg etc but no media. However using VU + player onto beta VLC for Android on an Android phone streaming is working fine. However on an Android Colorfly Pad is does not work.
Any comments would be greatfully received.

Cloud Ibox 2 Plus Clone Best Image

The image I used was yellowkingopenatvbackupcloud2Plus which include most of what I required to get started.
Unfortunatley I cannot remember the site I got it from.

vix new build is now apollo 32, rather than start on 25 or whatever build which after build 25 a complete new flash required, so why not start with latest image, don't forget to load the latest bootloader

I just got the box today.. It has some version of vix loaded already.. Will have to figure out how to find what version is it in the evening.

Id say ur fine but up to you. I always have a spare box sitting about so not much pain for me.

---------- Post Merged at 01:51 PM ----------

Menu
Information. That tells what version ur on

Last edited:
Back