the best software player for android box

KB007

I was using Duplexplayer on my smart TV (it just got taken down) to watch IPTV. It might be time to change to an android box.

as software is getting better all the time...can anyone suggest best player on an android box at the moment?

thanks

I was using Duplexplayer on my smart TV (it just got taken down) to watch IPTV. It might be time to change to an android box.
as software is getting better all the time...can anyone suggest best player on an android box at the moment?

thanks
There is a new app available on samsung tv as in regards to duplex there just revoking it from app stores any license that was already purchased will still run even if it comes to renewing

There is a new app available on samsung tv as in regards to duplex there just revoking it from app stores any license that was already purchased will still run even if it comes to renewing
our tv crashed and when I rebooted the app was gone...searched and its no longer in apps

thanks to all

I guess while we are here could I ask which box or firestick is best working? is it Ram or CPU that makes for a better device

I tried setting up an android emulator on my W10 PC and its awful

with software I dont mind paying for it as was Duplexplayer it was a very good program with good quality signal

rgds

Depends if wanting it hard wired or WiFi and budget.
If wanting a top end IPTV box then I would go with the z8 pro about £130 or if wanting a budget box would look at the amiko a6 £60 and you can also get the 4K firestick for around £50 when not on offer

Depends if wanting it hard wired or WiFi and budget.
If wanting a top end IPTV box then I would go with the z8 pro about £130 or if wanting a budget box would look at the amiko a6 £60 and you can also get the 4K firestick for around £50 when not on offer
A very valid point....I think it would be good to have wifi and Lan.....I see ther is a new Firestick coming out on 6th Oct but if you add a Lan connector its getting up in price towards the z8 pro. My connection isnt brilliant around 12MPS so here would need to be LAN but when on holidays wifi would be an option.

thank you

A very valid point....I think it would be good to have wifi and Lan.....I see ther is a new Firestick coming out on 6th Oct but if you add a Lan connector its getting up in price towards the z8 pro. My connection isnt brilliant around 12MPS so here would need to be LAN but when on holidays wifi would be an option.

thank you
A z8 pro runs off lan and built in Wi-Fi bud the firestick you can buy an ethanet adaptor for £13 the 4K firestick is a good device as portable but with those speeds I would recommend hardwired so you get the best speeds to the device

Last edited:
again thanks. Im learning new stuff and sorry have another question

You appear very knowledgeable so if I wanted a box for satellite TV (free to air) and has the ability to do IPTV is there a good reliable box? Currently I have a 4 year old Tiviar box which has worked great with free to air. Maybe there is a good software plug in??

again thanks. Im learning new stuff and sorry have another question

You appear very knowledgeable so if I wanted a box for satellite TV (free to air) and has the ability to do IPTV is there a good reliable box? Currently I have a 4 year old Tiviar which has worked great with free to air.
Again depends on budget the zgemma h7 range would do I twin sattalite tuner box would be better. I’ve seen a few knowledgeable members recommending the gigablue boxes octagon boxes I think maybe @moshibeth or @Ferret. Could say on newer model boxes.
I’ve tagged 2 members so they will get notification when online bud

I think the Octagon SF8008 4k single or twin tuner version is the best bang for buck out there particularly the twin. If you are just needing a single sat tuner box then the Gigablue also come into play.

Both are capable of IPTV with the Jedi Maker Extreme plugin been the most popular for this.

If your Tivar is the Formula Tiva Alpha box then it has IPTV option already and can also run Jedi as it is e2.

I think the Octagon SF8008 4k single or twin tuner version is the best bang for buck out there particularly the twin. If you are just needing a single sat tuner box then the Gigablue also come into play.

Both are capable of IPTV with the Jedi Maker Extreme plugin been the most popular for this.

If your Tivar is the Formula Tiva Alpha box then it has IPTV option already and can also run Jedi as it is e2.

thanks for the reply

The Triviar is a plus...and its our only source box to view FTA at the moment (if something goes wrong) and its probably lagging CPU and updated tech......I did try a while back to run IPTV which was very laggy.

I always want to investigate as many options as possible...

bazcfc1 has almost convinced me to buy a separate box and just found a Formuler GTV 4K UHD Android 9.0 for 150 euros which appears to be a great box.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply

The Triviar is a plus...and its our only source box to view FTA at the moment (if something goes wrong) and its probably lagging CPU and updated tech......I did try a while back to run IPTV which was very laggy.

I always want to investigate as many options as possible...I was even doing my own home work on setting up a Android virtual cloud computer and then running android software to use IPTV...But that needs lots more homework.

bazcfc1 has almost convinced me to buy a separate box and just found a Formuler GTV 4K UHD Android 9.0 for 150 euros which appears to be a great box.
@KB007 ,
I would hang on until later this month, launch of
Z10 PRO is released.
I would try preorder, though as there are limited numbers bound for UK..

Last edited:
I cant wait...just ordered

GTV

FORMULER android TV™ models

See how Fomuler models stack up against the competition.
specs are great

Quad Core
(ARM Cortex A53)
RAM 2GB(DDR4)
Storage 16GB eMMC
4K @60fps 10-bit
Main 10 profile
@level 5.1 high-tier
HDR10, HLG
4K@30fps
Gigabit (1000Mbps)
Dual-Band 2x2 AC