"The Download is Not Requesting

martynmo

Hi all,
Bit of a problem flashing the KVA780 box. Getting the error "the download is not requesting" followed previous tutorials about making it to COM1 which i have done.
I'm not sure if its the cable that isn't right as im using a usb to null modem cable(male) with a femaie converter put onto the end of it and then plugged into the box.
Can anyone tell me if this is the problem for it? Or other ways to get round it.

Thanks

it used to depend on your computer operating system, what are you using??
have you installed the driver for the cable???

Have a look at this post here and see if any of it helps, also read through some of the other posts

in that thread, some suggest using an older computer so you don't need usb adapter and with windows xp, but have a read it might help you :)

box has to be powered off first,press download and power box on,its all in the tuts if you followed them closely,if it still does not work try another com port setting if they dont work you may have a serial cable as in wired straight,null modem has a cross over wire for flashing,was that cable used and worked before?

when you said laptop does it have a rs232 port same as box?

box has to be powered off first,press download and power box on,its all in the tuts if you followed them closely,if it still does not work try another com port setting if they dont work you may have a serial cable as in wired straight,null modem has a cross over wire for flashing,was that cable used and worked before?

when you said laptop does it have a rs232 port same as box?
How can you tell if its wire strated or is a cross over?

Im running a usb to rs232 converter(male) putting a female adapter on the end of it for it to fit onto the box

both look identical so can be easily mixed up,i think hiteck shows them in his tut,if the drivers are not in the lappy for the adapter more problems,may be a link on that tut also.

I had this issue but solved it...its was just down to timing, the power is off at the back you press to start the load and must press the power on after about 2 seconds

As above..using a null modem cable.. 9pin to 9pin.. on com1 and still getting download file not requested.. i am so close i can smell the download bar.. be gentle chaps as not a novice but no expert.. but not giving up..! need to resolve it if any one in essex or london who can do it just holla..can deliver..! or is it like mfcphil said its all on the timing and thats it..!

Last edited:
i thought the loader only does 1-4,or are you 100% sure you are using a null modem cable?been used before?

as hiteck has written.

1. Go to the Start Menu
2. Right click on "My Computer"
3. Select "Properties"
4. Click on the "Hardware" tab
5. Click on "Device Manager"
6. Click the + sign next to "Ports (COM & LPT)"
7. One of the listed ports should indicate which port your 9 pin serial socket is connected to (e.g. COM1, COM2, COM3, etc.)
8. Go back to loader, (loader) and make sure it is looking at the correct port.
9. You should be able to transfer data once the correct port is selected

Follow my advice to step 7. Locate your serial (port *)

Right click on that port and select properties. Then select port settings, then select advanced. At the bottom of that tab will be a drop down box with the port selected (port * in your case). Use the drop down to select another port (eg 1, 2 or 3). If the port you want to use is already allocated to something else, you can use the same procedure to reassign that port after you have finished.

Last edited:
The loader looks like it picks up all the Com ports your computer has
mine lists up to 32. Couldnt tell you where they all are.
Can only see about 8 different ones if you count up all the usb connections, and
an sd card card reader

on the kv loader i meant not the pc,you should only see 1-4 ??.been that long since i had a good flashlol

Yeah thats what I am talking about, loader lists 32.

Plugged in my old lead and fired up the loader to check
after the last couple of posts

Ted i would go with the advise in post 17, sounds like a good bet.

If you have no joy you may just be unlucky and have the correct but faulty lead !

Last edited:
Back