The necessity of using a vpn

waveform

I always use a vpn for downloading and streaming, but I've noticed that there's quite a few people who don't. Are such people doing so at their own risk, or is it that ISPs can't tell what's being streamed with IPTV, regardless of its legality? Is it different to what they see with movie streaming apps and torrents?

im 100% certain that your isp can, should they wish, tell what you are using your connection for.

would they bother? i sincerely doubt it.

Guess VPN depends on person.

Yes its safer using one and keeps you anonymous from prying eyes of ISP.

Personally with speeds I lose on VPN tend not to use for downloading especially but even for streaming. Only when have to bypass blocks like geo blocks etc.

Im sure though others use it mostly exclusively. It depends tbh.

if you don't want to run a vpn find a server that runs via cloudflare.

cloudflare is perfectly legitimate , a huge amount of traffic from all sorts of legitimate websites run via cloudflare for ddos protection.

Just to clarify, I've been using a vpn for almost 3 years now. To my knowledge, I'm using ones which have been tested against data being collected. My question was aimed at why people who choose not to use one.

Just to clarify, I've been using a vpn for almost 3 years now. To my knowledge, I'm using ones which have been tested against data being collected. My question was aimed at why people who choose not to use one.
I rarely use one, as it does slow down my connection slightly. I only use it, if i need to get around geo blocks.
I suppose it depends what your up to. If i was doing something very dodgy, then i would certainly use it, but i don't deem IPTV as thst dodgy. It's hardly going to land you in jail. :)

Got NordVPN £60 for 3 year sub a couple of years ago, I use it sometimes for the odd bit of downloading ( you get the official download sites like the Bay etc using a VPN not the proxy sites which can contain all sorts of viruses, pop ups etc ) and to get round geo blocks but not for IPTV which is covered by provider. The way I see it for the price (£20 per year) it's better to have one and use it as and when than not have one at all.

I have one with Digibit for £2 a month with no need for a longer subscription so it's just left ticking away in the background barely used. I flick it on for torrent sites and have used it in the past to bypass isp blocks that temporarily blacked out my iptv. I don't use it as a matter of course as there's no need to as yet - to my knowledge no end user has ever been prosecuted for illegal streaming and until that time comes I'm not paranoid enough to think that my online activity needs hiding from anyone.

Back