Thinking about changing my dish to 1.2m

Adamk17

Thinking about changing my dish to 1.2m and adding a few extra lnb's to open up channels for PPV (3w,16e,19) will I need specific LNB's or can I use standard universal LNB's to catch the frequency?

If you have good line of site you could always ground mount or mount on a low level out building and learn to do it yourself.

Its seems daunting but its something you can pick up and master.

If you have good line of site you could always ground mount or mount on a low level out building and learn to do it yourself.

Its seems daunting but its something you can pick up and master.
I was considering this but not too sure how to set up

These a are a few basics

1. use a pole with T& K Brackets, a good stout pole, ie scaffoolding and 2 ins diameter,

2. You need dish, motor, good lnb and good cable

3. a good receiver.

But if you want to dabble there is a complete system available with a 97cm dish for a good price at a site that has World and sateliite in it. It shows a wall mount fixing that if not in a shaded area I would be wary of.

I have a 1.1m Triax dish, superior dark motor, big pole, black inverto lnb and use a duo2 and its not bad. 42e to 30w.

These a are a few basics

1. use a pole with T& K Brackets, a good stout pole, ie scaffoolding and 2 ins diameter,

2. You need dish, motor, good lnb and good cable

3. a good receiver.

But if you want to dabble there is a complete system available with a 97cm dish for a good price at a site that has World and sateliite in it. It shows a wall mount fixing that if not in a shaded area I would be wary of.

I have a 1.1m Triax dish, superior dark motor, big pole, black inverto lnb and use a duo2 and its not bad. 42e to 30w.
Thanks for the guide. Will I get a way with using v8uhd?

when I buy a sat box i look for this feature
  • DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2, USALS
  • and if it is not listed I'll pass.
  • a cheap box may not have the ooopmh to drive a motor
  • but others on here may know more about that V8 and used it to drive a motor. I cant see it mentioned in the specs.
  • you could get a secondhand box like vu+ solo 2 and a twin lnb
BUT that solo2 is still expensive, thought it would be fairly cheap by now.

Last edited:
I don't mind giving it a go, any directions on the best place or purchase a motorised dish?
i bought a 2nd hand dish with lnb & mount off ebay, then bought new quality cabling, connectors, a superior dark motor, a signal finder & self-amalgamating tape. Using a zgemma h9s as a receiver, i followed youtube tutorials & info from this site & with a bit of trial & error, had it working perfectly in a day. If you need any guidance, let me know.

DIY a dish is not that hard, did it myself, but you do need good line of sight. I've a couple of trees in the way that need cutting back every few years, had to cut them back when i first put dish up
often trees look clear of any signal, but when you cut back suddenly the signal is a lot better
had both motorised and fixed with multi LNB's , setting up multi LNB's is lot more work, did multi LNB as wanted to watch match then at halftime zap insteatly back to Sky Sports News

i bought a 2nd hand dish with lnb & mount off ebay, then bought new quality cabling, connectors, a superior dark motor, a signal finder & self-amalgamating tape. Using a zgemma h9s as a receiver, i followed youtube tutorials & info from this site & with a bit of trial & error, had it working perfectly in a day. If you need any guidance, let me know.
Much appreciated pal

Back