Timeshift settings

n1cks21

ok I have a 500GB external HDD , its been working well but I noticed today that I only 20% free space, I checked my recordings but everything seemed right, i then ftp to the hdd and found a lot of files in the timeshift folder, I deleted then all and the free space jumped from 20% to 75% I checked the the timeshift settings but I cant seem to see which one would have caused so many files to accumulate, the setting seem to talk in hours but the files I had went back for weeks?

anybody help please

These are the default settings WooshBuild uses. It only allows for one timeshift at any one time deleting the old one at the change of a channel.

As you have a 500gb drive you could set the Timeshift buffer limit [in hours] to 4, 5, 6 - whatever as on every channel change it will be deleted anyway. Notice Auto record is set to off. If this is on it will record everything you watch and keep it, eating space like a hippo!

[sp]
1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (12).jpg[/sp]

My settings are pretty much the same however the major difference was the Auto Record you mentioned mine was set to on, I wrongly assumed that Auto Record just meant it would automatically record when I switched channels I didn't realise it would also keep the recordings, which makes sense with the hundreds of files I had.

My settings are pretty much the same however the major difference was the Auto Record you mentioned mine was set to on, I wrongly assumed that Auto Record just meant it would automatically record when I switched channels I didn't realise it would also keep the recordings, which makes sense with the hundreds of files I had.
Sorry to jump on this thread,
I like the sound of that, so basically I would be able to rewind a program I'm watching where normally I can only do this if I have paused it at some point.
Does anyone know the settings to use for open vix Please?
Thanks
G

Back