Totally peed off!!!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
Put a post on another forum and got a 3 point warning for failing to search prior to posting warning description says " did not bother to search for answer" WTF??? how are we meant to learn IF we dont know where to search. I had searched but couldnt find what i was lookngi for so made a post! is that not what we do when we need an answer??? If i had used bad language i can understand but this is what i asked - so maybe someone on here can help!oh they also closed my thread!

TITLE Difference in moves
OK a little confused here and need some help so hoping this is the correct forum for this question.

Im pretty new to adding movies to my pc to watch on my tv.
So have bought an external hard drive and loading movies onto it.
My bluray player only likes certain file formats - it does not like MKV format :( so films i already have i am having to convert - which is time consuming.

All formats are ok on the pc but i have now gone one step further/braver and putting them on a HD so that we can all watch them on the tv plus 46 inches is far better to watch a film than a small pc monitor

However my real question is also alot of movies seem to be in bluray which are large files. your forum tiles are HD - 720p to 1080p and DVDR so which files would be best for me to download if i want to keep the file sizes smaller and in either Divx or avi.

Hope the above post makes sense, if not i can try and rephrase it
well would i have got a 3 point ban for asking this
thier warning banning system is awful
you get:
1 point for posting in the wrong section, 1 point for cross posting the same thing is more than 1 section, 1 point if you dont post in english , 4 points for bumping your thread 4 points for spamming and 5 for advertising. 1 point can mean 30 days or 365 days maturity and 3/4/5 points can mean a lifetime maturity.
Im not going to name the forum( obviously) but i use it for certain downloads and its a large forum!
Rant over!!!

Linny.... I'd not go back to that forum personally.... I've done many searches here and sometimes the bloody search bar doesn't return shite... just how it is on some webpages/websites.. ;) I use the "google" TK search thingy now when I really want to search for something on TK and sometimes I just don't ask the question correctly... I"m not to smart really.... lol. :p

On your question... this is how I would approach it. ;)

Look for the conainer (how it's packed) and try to avoid MKV for now... if you get a decent "converter" then that's fine but there should be other files out there that meet your needs. ;)

xVid, Dvix, avi, and another are the main file extensions used for these 'playable' movies you speak of. ;) Sorry mind went blank and can't remember the other. :(

But anyway those should cure your ailments... also make sure and get the files that are smaller than 4GB... just better size economy..... the ones marked HD are BIG files and you really don't need those for quality.. maybe the BDRip (BRRip) files are better.... GOOD Quality and smaller sizes. ;)

HTH.......... :cheesy grin:

I'd e-mail the admin and tell him to go "Feck himself" ;)

I've quit a couple of sites in the last couple of months, mainly because of anal retentive stuff like you just ranted about, some of these sites are run by perfect people ;)

I found out which site you were referring to Linny :).

Dont worry, i've already got two warnings on the site, previously 3, but the time limit expired on that one. I dont think the staff there really give a toss since its a big forum, they wont look into every matter fairly...

exactly noel IF you see they look dodgy before they post then you ban them rather than let them post!
but to get 3 points because im not a smart arss and could not find the answer. Ok so you guys know that when i ask you a question its not always strate forward, but if you are not sure what im asking at least you ask me to try n clarify and H and the rest of the team dont instantly give me 3 points, and yes i did send the admin/mod 2 pms and no reply as yet and i even use the contact page at the bottom of the forum and still no reply, but hey give them 24 hrs or so to respond - although they seemed to pick up my thread within an hr or so !
If we knew all the answers then maybe half of forums members wouldnt use them!! Is that not why over 80% of people join sites to get an answer and then if they are happy they stay - making the forum bigger n bigger. Thank god TK is NOT like that!!!

I found out which site you were referring to Linny :).

Dont worry, i've already got two warnings on the site, previously 3, but the time limit expired on that one. I dont think the staff there really give a toss since its a big forum, they wont look into every matter fairly...

Must be one of those Uppedy English sites.... bloody wankers.... LOL

That could get me a point.... ROFL

I found out which site you were referring to Linny .

lol thought you might :) are they really that bad, sounds just like a reptile forum that think its the biggest and best! unfortunatly it has oodles of members and the staff are rude BUT people still use it! :(
only good thing i can say atm is that place has saved me a fortune over the last few days :) .................... Dan you need to work harder here lol!

Is that not why over 80% of people join sites to get an answer and then if they are happy they stay - making the forum bigger n bigger. Thank god TK is NOT like that!!!

Exactly Linny, we all join sites to learn from each other and to teach each other.

We trace them first linny and then ban them before they get a chance to post their crap :)

We like to keep Techkings a Spam Free forum (y)

I have to agree with you linny, I know too little about the different words used to describe movies - xvid, avi, screeners, DVD, etc. (I really should do some more reading as I sometimes get some really crappy versions). your question seems to me to be a reasonable question - unless there is a thread entitled something like " Beginners guide to identifying DVD rips", which should probably be stickied to stop us noobs asking questions like yours.
This is one thing among others that I like about TechKings, if you ask a question that is reasonable, you will get a reasonable answer. I myself have answered the same question many times in the Wii section, but the thing is for me, to realise that I learnt most of my stuff here, so it is now my time to help others out and take the burden from Sinno and axxo's (among others) shoulders.
@Icanbe, I couldn't agree more about the sites run by perfect people for absolute geniuses (who wouldn't need to ask the question) - they suck, if you get an answer it is snotty and full of words that beginners wouldn't understand, instead of just breaking down the answer into bite sized pieces.
@Greensman, how about a "Noobs guide to the video descriptions", or something like that, it would help a lot.

Finally Linny, don't let the beggers get you down.

lol thought you might :) are they really that bad, sounds just like a reptile forum that think its the biggest and best! unfortunatly it has oodles of members and the staff are rude BUT people still use it! :(
only good thing i can say atm is that place has saved me a fortune over the last few days :) .................... Dan you need to work harder here lol!

I'm running on all cylinders Linny lol

Yes they really are that bad from my experience, its a massive forum and every second a new topic is being created, its just like a massive trash can where people just dump there uploads and hope to get lots of downloads from them.

I have to agree with you linny, I know too little about the different words used to describe movies - xvid, avi, screeners, DVD, etc. (I really should do some more reading as I sometimes get some really crappy versions). your question seems to me to be a reasonable question - unless there is a thread entitled something like " Beginners guide to identifying DVD rips", which should probably be stickied to stop us noobs asking questions like yours.
This is one thing among others that I like about TechKings, if you ask a question that is reasonable, you will get a reasonable answer. I myself have answered the same question many times in the Wii section, but the thing is for me, to realise that I learnt most of my stuff here, so it is now my time to help others out and take the burden from Sinno and axxo's (among others) shoulders.
@Icanbe, I couldn't agree more about the sites run by perfect people for absolute geniuses (who wouldn't need to ask the question) - they suck, if you get an answer it is snotty and full of words that beginners wouldn't understand, instead of just breaking down the answer into bite sized pieces.
@Greensman, how about a "Noobs guide to the video descriptions", or something like that, it would help a lot.

Finally Linny, don't let the beggers get you down.

Well then here ya go wheelo :) http://www.techkings.org/movies/422...-cam-dvdrip-proper-etc-you-may-want-know.html

I too got peed off with a computer forum about a year ago where i asked a question directly related to the thread title and also the thread had a picture in it which is what exactly i needed an answer on.
Answer i got was to start a new thread and not put a post in an old one.
I replied in the same thread that if you dont want new posts in old threads then lock the dam thing or delete it and that my question was directly related to it.
Never went back since, pity cos i found the answer of my own accord and put it in a different forum aswell as here to help out another poor bugger that had the same problem as myself.
Still get emails from them asking me to come back lol
Now PM me the name of that site so i never use it please :)
Should start a name and shame websites thread :)

I'm running on all cylinders Linny

pffft NOT good enuf LOL!!! .................................. i think you should give up univ and spend all day and night on here, no social life needed - thats what the pc is for lol!

Ah Dan you do work extremley hard for a young lad and every time i come on here there are more and more posts from you!
me thinks you needs to take a break lol!

pffft NOT good enuf LOL!!! .................................. i think you should give up univ and spend all day and night on here, no social life needed - thats what the pc is for lol!

Ah Dan you do work extremley hard for a young lad and every time i come on here there are more and more posts from you!
me thinks you needs to take a break lol!

lol Ahh, i really do work on full cylinders, pretty much all day and everyday. :(

If i did do that, i think H would have to put a restriction on my daily post count or either ban my ass from TK. lol

This is pretty much my daily routine for the past week. Wake up, have breakfast, go to the gym pretty much everyday, spend about 1 hour and a half weight training, come back all exhausted, 15-20 minute walk back *no car, sigh* lol. Then come back, keep thinking I have exams starting from next week, then i have to get down to an hour or two of studying? Then i finish that off, then i get back on the laptop, decide to upload a couple of stuff, post them here, and there. Next thing you know, its already 10PM, and my body is aching from working out, then i go to sleep, wake up the next day and repeat it all over again, sometimes i even play some footy on a day like that aswell. :( Tough life ey. lol

Still want me to work harder? lmao

I do enjoy TK alot though, it just helps me to calm down sometimes, looking at everyones posts and what everyones up too, and there likes and dislikes, and on the rants..! I'm being mentally challenged day in and day out, coping so far at the moment, not going insane just yet. :)

If it were up to me, i dont think i'd have gone Uni. Going to school and college is just way different, your working with people of your own age, go to University, and wow its just like the working environment has started, and no time for fun and games, but i want to play. lol I'm pretty much going to keep my parents happy. Otherwise eh eh, i'd be on my ass all day. :)

Now, i've decided to not go to the gym today, off to hit the books again and its only 10:46 a.m :(

Last edited:
MY God im worn out just reading lol! well good luck! and ok i think you should chill a bit lol! but well im also sure on here people appreciate all your hard work!

Need to get my son to get of his backside - he finishes 6th form in june/july and has no idea whats next.
As for me well................ I joined a gym yesterday and had induction today. God 45 min workout and im done in lol!

Back