trying to ftp to box but not working like usual

mcg1987

hi all,

Just trying to set up a box here for the uncle in his house and done everything the exact same as when I set up my own...but can't get the line ftp'd into the box to get all channels working..

Currently reflashing the box here now and will try all usual stuff again and hope it works.

Situation is...followed all instructions as usual and just using filezilla and when i connect to the box and go to edit the line then it opens up in notepad but not in the same way...just comes up with 4 lines of writing that say error everywhere...

anyone seen this?? need a solution asap on how to get the line onto the box!

If you install teamviewer on your PC I can have a look if you want?

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

Or download the file from box to PC, open up and then put in the new details and upload back to box

If you install teamviewer on your PC I can have a look if you want?

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

Or download the file from box to PC, open up and then put in the new details and upload back to box

Cheers.

just installing teamviewer here now.

Don't understand why it's different this time..doing everything exactly the same as before just can't get the final stage of getting the line across to the box..

usually the line to be edited comes up with **** etc to delete then paste in my own

Apologies folks...got sorted on Sunday then all thanks to snapper93!! What a guy!! took us a wile but we got there! Can't thank him enough!

Gonna need a good few more of these boxes now!

Anyway yeah just another problem they are having with it since is ubtitles seem to randomly appear on some channels...it happened on movie channel when i was there but i thought nothing of it and was starving at the time so wanted to go get fed so i left it! Any ideas on how to solve it...apart from the obvious trying to turn them off because that didn't work!!

Sucmnsee - snapper recommended that i look for details from you on how to set up a hard drive to work along with this so they can record on it...must do it myself too...you posted a thread or something about this??

Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
"Your drive"
Initialise

Menu
Setup
Swapfile manager
Blue create 256mb
Yellow autostart