Tune Failed!!!!!

Hi,

I have a Zgemma 2s downstairs and an Openbox v8 upstairs
Whichever box i put downstairs always seems to freeze and buffer a lot but upstairs the boxes work great.

The Zgemma now has channels saying "Tune Failed" e.g. BBC1 & 2, ITV, Channel4 & 5 and some sports inc BT

All cables are correct

Do you think that i need to get the cables from my dish checked?
The downstairs cables have been there about 20 odd years and not used for about 12 of them.
The upstairs cable was added about 13 years ago

Cheers

Steve

Try fiddling. About with the cables at the back of the box and see if it makes a difference.

Try trimming the end of the cables, stripping them and fit connector back on making sure the copper core it's just slightly longer than the edge of the connecter.

Failing that disable one of your tuners and try scanning and see how that goes.

Have you checked your satellite signal to your box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it's the lnb you mean, it's more likely to be water ingress on the cable. You can check this if you get the ladder out, if you replace the lnb & there is water in the cable, you'll have wasted a bit of money. Start with the connections at your box end as suggested in the post above. If you're not technical enough to check the cable at the dish end or replace the lnb, a local aerial installer should be able to sort it fairly cheaply.

Cheers Louis

I checked everything that eazzzzzzzzzzy had said and will now check the cables to the LNB

Thanks again

Steve

Update:
I've had the Dish and LNB changed, (cost £60 and took him about 20 minutes)
All channels are back up and running now
He cahecked the cables for water etc but said they were ok

Thanks for everyones help in this

Steve

Back