Cable Tune failed

Advice please,been trying now for two weeks.zgemma h1 on v.m. keep getting tune failed on maybe half the channels.
S.n.r 0% whatever that means on these channels but auto bouquet finds all channels but half don't work.im using open vic hades image and just at a loss.my area is Nottingham any help please would be appreciated

Nottingham has two frequencies to scan on. Have you tried them both?

Nottingham 1 NTL 00008 755.000 6.887
Nottingham 2 NTL 00008 739.000 6.887

Will try the other frequency when I get in from work,thanks.
Will I need both frequency adding and also autobouqet will it need altering in there to?

Advice please,been trying now for two weeks.zgemma h1 on v.m. keep getting tune failed on maybe half the channels.
S.n.r 0% whatever that means on these channels but auto bouquet finds all channels but half don't work.im using open vic hades image and just at a loss.my area is Nottingham any help please would be appreciated

I have same problem and I'm also in Nottingham any help would be appreciated,I thought it was just my setup? It's done my head in for last 5 weeks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I had same problem,
Instead of going into AutoBouqetMaker & Scanning i just done a normal scan as AutoBouqetMakerkeeps giving a Tune Lock Failed Error Message

You need to add theSymbol Rate into User Predeifined thats what i done and it worked,
Also make sure your NETID is correct as it changes the SR in the Pre-Defined

Hi thanks for advice, what is the symbol rate tho? . The snr on some channels is 0 on others it's 100%

SNR is signal to noise ratio (basically signal strength)

To scan for channels the info is broken down into Net Id / Frequency / Symbol Rate

You will need to put the Net Id and Symbol Rate into the box for scanning, either manually or when using Autobouquet maker, if it is correct for your area
you will get a high SNR level showing on all channels.

If you scan the wrong info you may only get some of the channels working.

So from the previous post

Nottingham 1 NTL 00008 755.000 6.887
Nottingham 2 NTL 00008 739.000 6.887

Net Id 0008
Symbol rate 6887 (6.887 is in Gigs, so it becomes 6887 in Megs when entered into the box)

If all the channels aren't clearing try another area close to you, it won't do any harm.

If you have an official VM box you can get the correct info for your area by hooking it up
and going into the menu, it will be in there under "tech stuff" at the top of the page.

There are other net ids here

If you want do a bit of trial and error.

Thankyou for explaining that,makes sense now so I will enter the info and scan . Big thankyou and will let you no

I set all the QAM settings to "yes", if the above info is correct and the QAM setting is wrong
you don't normally get any signal from what I can tell, so your scan shouldn't clear any channels with the wrong QAM.

But I'm sure cactikid can enlighten us if I'm wrong (y)

Symbol rate changes to area,
Think of "Virgin" like this,
There used to be 3 types of areas (i.e) NTL Telewest & Ex Cable & Wireless

Virgin bought them all and branded them 1 name "Virgin" thats where the NetID and other settings change to your area

I'll of probably forgotton more than i now know since the nagra days rom10 Rom11 but getting back into it floods back when you search the forums,

Thats your best bet....just search the forums and all info is already posted but will be under different names (i.e) dont search zGemma or another set top box name just search your problem
Hope you get sorted

Does anybody know what service bouquet i need for the north west Burnley. Zgemma H1 as when i do a search for channels i keep getting Tune failed.

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 AM ----------

It's for vermin cable.

Back