Tuner fail

Presume i had to disable other tuner before scan,if so both seperate scans showed zero channels.
Have you looked to see if you have any signal strength showing on either tuner under sat finder ?

If not

Make sure your tuner has not come loose in the socket youll have to take the lid off to check that it is seated correctly.

If it is seated correctly its going to be most likely the lnb or dish alignment.

No other reciever to test,and nowhere else to test mine, looked out of window nearest to dish and it looked ok but that means nothing until a close look,but absolute lashing down at mo.
Could be the end of the road for my vu ☹️

Have you looked to see if you have any signal strength showing on either tuner under sat finder ?

If not

Make sure your tuner has not come loose in the socket youll have to take the lid off to check that it is seated correctly.

If it is seated correctly its going to be most likely the lnb or dish alignment.
Where is sat finder,just looked and dont see it.

Another possibility is the tuner card has failed. These can be recapped/repaired. It should output 13v or 18v when in use.

Until you find out what is wrong, not easy to fix it. If the installer is a friend, maybe he can test your equipment?

Until you get issue fixed, can you hook up an aerial to your receiver?

Another possibility is the tuner card has failed. These can be recapped/repaired. It should output 13v or 18v when in use.

Until you find out what is wrong, not easy to fix it. If the installer is a friend, maybe he can test your equipment?

Until you get issue fixed, can you hook up an aerial to your receiver?
No installer wasn't a friend,and yes can hook un aerial.

If not

Is this what you meant. Pic same on both.

Attachments

• 20230620_131650.jpg
    20230620_131650.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 10
That is the one. Where it lists the transponder, you can press right/left to change it to different transponders. But you have done a manual scan, so all the transponders in the satellites.xml file have been probed already.

You did say earlier it poured down , but when tv and box were powered down did you look at the Fconnectors to see any signs of black ?
Hopefully installer pulled the skirt down and not left it up on lnb.

You never had sky Q and using those cables would give issues.
Just for spite i would flash a previous image to confirm same issue is still there.

Forgot to ask when you were swapping cables over were the tv and box powered off?

You did say earlier it poured down , but when tv and box were powered down did you look at the Fconnectors to see any signs of black ?
Hopefully installer pulled the skirt down and not left it up on lnb.

You never had sky Q and using those cables would give issues.
Just for spite i would flash a previous image to confirm same issue is still there.

Forgot to ask when you were swapping cables over were the tv and box powered off?
It was installed a few yrs ago, i have not not swapped any cables. I know rain can seep in over time,but last rain was sunday night,and it hadn't started raining when abm failed scan this morning.

so do you think the vu is a bin job,also could heavy cloud affect a scan,it was cloudy by time of abm scan and been heavy rain and thick cloud for last 4 hrs or so.

so do you think the vu is a bin job,also could heavy cloud affect a scan,it was cloudy by time of abm scan and been heavy rain and thick cloud for last 4 hrs or so.
Id say no.

Even if it is the tuner you could remove the DVCB tuner and use a plugnplay Sat tuner module in that slot second hand ones come up on ebay all the time. My first port of call would be to swap the LNB out.

Cost you less than a tenner. Process of elimination since you are unable to try your box on another dish.

Id say no.

Even if it is the tuner you could remove the DVCB tuner and use a plugnplay Sat tuner module in that slot second hand ones come up on ebay all the time. My first port of call would be to swap the LNB out.

Cost you less than a tenner. Process of elimination since you are unable to try your box on another dish.
When i get chance i will unplug box and have a look at sat tuner,not sure when i bought box there was only cable tuners and i added a sat one. Or the other way round,think was first option.

Have you a different p.s.u to try incase your
Getting 0 power to the tunner 0 signal There is a system plugin called Disqce checker and it confirms the failure between the v and h side off the transponder Wouldnt adivse you to download ss there is a software problem Which will need to be relayed to makers off open atv

You will have to find a way to test your equipment. Even a Sky receiver will be fine to check dish/lnb/cabling.

If you have a multi meter, you should get 13v or 18V from tuner when it is in use.
I have not had time today,dreaded door painting.but just now i was lifting box out ready for tomorrow and one of lines fell out of connector at the back 😡 so will update tomorrow when reconnect cable check everything else,then try tune again.

Back