TV Star S-1000 FTA Satellite tuning for a complete idiot

Hiya people.

Firstly may I point out that I'm a stroke survivor and the brain isn't as good as it used to be (Iused to be a software engineer!!!)

I have a TV Star S-1000 FTA Satellite receiver connected to an existing Polestat dish that the previous Polish tenants had installed. I also have access to a Sky dish. I've worked out how to do the initial setup and channel scanning, only took a couple of hours!

My main reason for getting the receiver was in the hope of being able to pick up European speedway meetings. However, all I seem to be getting are Arabic and Italian or Spanish type stations!

There is an option to set up a new 'Satellite' by entering values into a screen, but this is confusing me greatly. I can enter the following details:

Satellite name
LNB Type - User, Universal, Standard
Freq1(Mhz) - 5150, 5750, 5950, 9750, 10050, 10600, 10700, 10750, 11300
LNB Power - 13/18v, 13v, 18v
22K - on, off
DiSEqC - off, [port 1, port2, port3, port4
Positioner - off

I also have something called an NIT Search and a PID Search.

In my list of available satellites, of which there appear to be 72, I can see 0192Astra1KR1L1 and 0130HotBird, but not Astra1, or Astra2, etc.

What ~I'm desperately seeking, is an idiots guide to tuning in to other satellites and specifically locating any channels from anywhere that might show Speedway free. As I spend a lot of time at home, due to my disabilities, this would be such a wonderful thing to have.

Here's hoping and many thanks in advance.

Hi mate,

I think what you will need is a motorised dish to move the dish to the position of the various satellites.

motor.jpg

You will put the co ordinates of the sat into the box and it will move to that position when a channel is selected

or a cheaper way to go is a fixed dish about a meter diameter and an LNB rack

You will need to align the LNB's to say 4 different sats and use a diseqc switch, to switch between the LNB's.

rack 1.jpgrack 2.jpg

I have never set up this type of system before but that will give you something to go on, others may be able to chip in

Back