Uh Oh - Can you brick a H.2S?

Zoltar

Been using my new box for a couple of days now and tonight I had some epg issues and now it's seems to have frozen.

1st of all I got loads of blank spaces in the epg (but channels still worked). Then most of them packed up, gave me no picture or audio. Strangely the first 3 or 4 were still okay though.

I tried a software update but now it's stuck on the openvix screen with the message at the bottom 'this is the last image for the 3.2 branch........'

Could anyone suggest what I should do next as it's not going anywhere at the moment :(

Thanks

you need to back up your line and start clean
so you will need orignal firmware from the zgemma site or someones image to restore the box

so get your self a usb stick formate it to fat32
all firmware/images will come in a folder called zgemma, you drag that folder on to your usb
turn your box of at the rear (the white switch) and place the usb stick in the rear of the box
turn your box on at the rear (the white switch) the front screen will say boot
now press the front button twice until it says flsh
and a few mins after that you will have a clean and up and running box

dont worry you havnt caused any harm at all

Thanks siilver. So despite it being frozen the starting again or flashing is it? will just overwrite that corrupt info?
Thanks again

Okay cool, does that have the blue skin (sky styl one)

Also my wife has text to say it's actually partially working again but whilst the epg shows all the channels you only get a picture from the freeview ones, the others are black screens so maybe I've tweaked a setting somewhere?

Cheers

if it was me i would start fresh but if you do make sure you back up your line
if i thought it was off a bit i wouldnt be happy until i redo it. but go home and see if it is working happy for you

Yeah, you're probably right, I'll have a look how to back the line up when I get in, I'm sure it's easy enough? (Famous last words lol)

i dont know if you want to learn or have it done
but i did a diy job and have learnt so much with it

to backup your line is easy

what you need

mac or computer worst case ios or android device
ftp program (eg : FileZilla or Yummy FTP)
your h2s and computer on the same network
ip address
(Main TV View> Menu
> Information (2)
> Network (4)
> Network information / IP: XXX.XXX.X.XX

to ftp to box

open your ftp program

Host: IP Address XXX.XXX.X.XX
Username: Root
Password:
Port:

once you have ftp to your box then you need to look for a folder called /ect or /usr/keys
and in there, there will be a file called
CCcam.cfg or newcamd

just copy it off the box and put it safe on your computer

I'm happy to learn mate as long as you speak slow and loudly :)
I'll have a play tonight.

Thanks again

Thanks guys but I've just tested it whilst at lunch and it's now perfectly!!! Full epg and working channels. Don't know what has happened but it fixed itself????

Thanks for the advice anyway (y)

No probs. But because u online updated u may come across issues. (May not) but safer backup ur line now anyway!

And do and full system backup and keep it safe, so if something happens you can flash it and be running again in 5mins

So if I follow the above instructions and copy the 2 files will that cover everything including line details and Button setups?

Thanks

Back