UK CARLING-1.01 Latest sv6 firmware

Can I use the carling file on my starview HD combo ?? Sorry if i'm asking the same questions, but this is my first post

Can I use the carling file on my starview HD combo ?? Sorry if i'm asking the same questions, but this is my first post

READ this post it was placed by

reiss

Setting up Starview HD combo guide

As there is currently no vaccine for the N3 strain, we now have to hook up our boxes via a card sharing server to receive the keys.

Step 1: Get the ****** toolbar
This is a browser add-on that allows you to download the latest files and fixes. Google it, install it. Browse to: Files and Fixes - Updates and Fixes - Starview Fixes - Starview HD Combo and grab yourself the latest GrooveRider and Carling file.

=========================================================================
At time of post, latest ( GrooveRider file is 1214.UAD, latest Carling file is 0712.UAD.)
=========================================================================

Step 2: Flashing your box.
Pop your GrooveRider & Carling files onto a USB stick. On your HD combo go to menu, Utility and do a Factory reset. Now browse to Accessory - USB, select your GrooveRider file and click ok. Select S/W + All data update and let it do it's thing.
After the update, make sure autoroll is set to on, in menu, press 8989, go to Accessory - key edit (if key edit isn't appearing, try 8989 again) make sure UCAS & autoroll is on.
Now do another factory reset. (not sure if this is necessary, but I did)

You should now be able to pick up all your channels by going to Installation - cable auto search. Let it find all your channels and when done it's time to load your Carling file on.

Browse back to your USB, select Carling file - ok - SW + all data update

Step 3: Setting up the server
Make sure your box is connected to your router; there are wireless adapters for the Starview if your network cable won't reach. These cost around £30.
Go to Menu - Accessory - Network - IP setup. Network setup should be set to auto and all the numbers should be filled in; IP address, subnet mask, mac address etc. If not, your router isn't setup correctly, make sure DHCP is on, manually assign an IP address using the Mac address of the box, if you don't know how, Google your router's setup.

Now scroll down to CS Net and select Ustream (UK) or Istream (ireland), it should connect and register your box automagically. The server is sometimes down, so if it doesn't connect right away, try later.

That's it! Most of your channels should be back. As of now, a lot of HD channels are not part of the CS network, so you won't receive them. There are also issues with channels freezing or going off completely, this is either a network / software or server glitch. The data being sent to your box is tiny and can probably be run on a 56K modem! Just be patient.

Setting up your Home Streaming Software
If you have movies/music or images on your home PC, you can view these through your Starview HD combo via the network. IMO, it's not very good if you have your media in different folders as you can only select 1 folder as your media folder and if you have folders inside your main media folder, you can't browse them.
Step 1: Get the software
I tried to post a direct link, but the address was *'d out! google search 'starview home streaming software' the first result is a forum that has links to the software and how to guide further down the page

Step 2: Read the how to!
There is already a guide on how to use home streaming, so I won't repeat it here.

Good luck! Happy to answer questions, I'm no expert but please try browsing for an answer on the forums first.
If you spot any mistakes in my guide, post them here.

===================================================

I hope this helps it did for me.

Last edited:
Back