unable to get internet to work

Jim1088

TK Veteran
hi have setup few boxes , trying to get internet on box tried test not shown green tick , hard wired , , tried wifi worked and then stopped cannot get it to work ,now , any help anyway checking signal strength 03 broadband

Have u tried rebooting ur router? Quite often the router doesnt assign an ip address to the box. A reboot of the router fixes this. Also, stick with ethernet until u get it sorted cause with wifi you are throwing in more variables. Once u know ethernet works, then try wifi.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

tried again today network test shown 5green ticks , channels not shown (f.t.a. ok ) tried iptv wont down load any ideas and thanks

Check the back of the box and see if 2 lights are flashing where the ethernet cable goes

check yes done that will flicker yellow/green , then stops change cable too , could it be the strength of signal

If you go into router settings check to see if its assigned a ip address also check DCHP is switched on on your box

Go ito network on the box and see if there is an ip address showing,if not it could well be your settings as tich has said

Fully disable the wifi adapter. The LAN won't work while it's enabled. Then go through the network setup wizard.

router settings how do I check that tich box at friends house so unable to check now but thanks 1st time I came across this problem ,

On a laptop type in http:// 192.168.0.1 in a browser will normally bring up your router then look in attached devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the login IP is different depending on which ISP you have. My TalkTalk router is 192.168.1.1 for example. You can Google what it is for this particular router. The admin username and password should be on the back of the router.

Thanks for your help let u know if I can get to work , had this box in my own home no problems , just trying to set it up at friends house , told his broadband is rubbish 03 Ireland

As system lord said above, if ur using ethernet, make sure WLAN is disabled in network settings. Also when u click on the wired connection, make sure DHCP is enabled.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back