1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

update freesat v7 max box

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by ianhaney, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ianhaney

ianhaney Member

I have a freesat v7 max box and just wondering how to update the channels as sky sports 1 still shows as sky sports the open and would like to get a new sky channel called moviemix

has anyone got the steps on how to update my box/channels please without losing my favs I have stored?

Thank you in advance
  2. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

Just do a single sat scan for 28A [No15 in sat list] then edit as you want.
  3. Pablo123456

Pablo123456 Member

Hi ianhanly if your sky sports the open is still working why not just rename it sky sports 1
  4. ianhaney

ianhaney Member

Thank you will try that when I get home

Thank you

---------- Post Merged at 09:12 AM ----------

Oh right how do I rename the channel as did not know that could be done, I will do the single sat scan first as suggested by the reaper and then will do the rename if need be

Thank you for the reply
  5. ianhaney

ianhaney Member

i did a single sat scan for 28A and still don't see the new moviemix channel and sky sports 1 is still called sky sports the open

the settings on the scan is below

single satellite search
    1/1 eutelsat 28A
    Yes for FTA only
    no for network search
    full scan for scan mode

---------- Post Merged at 05:53 PM ----------

I have done the scan again and now is renamed is sky sports 1 but can't find moviemix channel so guessing it is not available or something
  6. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

Your scan is incorrect---should read---- No for fta only Blind scan for scan mode. Sports mix is there in scan. Reaper.
  7. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

I can't see any channel called moviemix. Probably thinking of/confusing with the new Sky Sports Mix maybe?