Update solo@ with dreamx

sammy78

hello

i need help to update my solo2 with dreamx , any suggestion ? i am runnin vix at the moment keeps rebboting with the image .i tried to update with usb but not luck so far .thanks guys

1) Prepare a USB stick, format FAT32. I'd recommend using this HP Format tool.
2) Download the image you would like to use, extract the vuplus folder.
3) Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Connect to VU+ Solo2.
5) Power on, when prompted on front display to press power button, touch the BLUE cirlces to the left of the front panel. This is the touch sensitive power button.
6) Wait for the flashing process to complete and automatically reboot. DO NOT POWER OFF DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS!

1) Prepare a USB stick, format FAT32. I'd recommend using this HP Format tool.
2) Download the image you would like to use, extract the vuplus folder.
3) Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Connect to VU+ Solo2.
5) Power on, when prompted on front display to press power button, touch the BLUE cirlces to the left of the front panel. This is the touch sensitive power button.
6) Wait for the flashing process to complete and automatically reboot. DO NOT POWER OFF DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS!

hello bobby 123, I have a vu+solo box its a clone by the way and have a question about updating as well if you don't mind giving your opinion please here goes if I hit menu then setup then software update let it search it comes up with 136 updated packages available is it advisable to do the updates or not ? thanks in advance

i would have thought if your image is clone friendly like black hole it might be ok,vix is usually for originals,some images you may get a red [ rec ] light flashing while changing channel i got that with vix meaning unstable [ untested ] update and having problems,green flashing icon means you could do a software update,maybe the image that was on box had bugs and freezing problems,that could be checked in log manager for faults.
i would have thought doing the software update if green might have been ok,booby why do you reckon not to update as learning here also.

i would have thought if your image is clone friendly like black hole it might be ok,vix is usually for originals,some images you may get a red [ rec ] light flashing while changing channel i got that with vix meaning unstable [ untested ] update and having problems,green flashing icon means you could do a software update,maybe the image that was on box had bugs and freezing problems,that could be checked in log manager for faults.
i would have thought doing the software update if green might have been ok,booby why do you reckon not to update as learning here also.
Hey cactikid my image is vix and I don't get a red light when changing channel however it does flash green also just looked at log manager and its came up with a box unticked [ enigma2_crash_1377117145.log ] ??? what does this mean and what should I do I don't have a freezing problem more of a pixeling prob goes blocky with audio glitch :-( would software update help ?? and how do I do it if you think I should that question goes to bobby123 aswell please just to add a bit more info when I go to software update it reads as follows [ background check no] [allow unstable (untested) update yes] [automatic setting backup no] [automatic image backup no] don't know if this means anything to either of you or even if its helpful.

Last edited:
that sounds more like lan/server issue as i get that the odd time on my solo2 original and vix.flashing green to me says i needed to update as it may address any bugs i may have.
crashlog is a numbered file but it is what is on it at the time of when box crashed as you might have a bad plugin running .

just checked my software update on my solo2,background check yes, allow unstable [untested ] updates no,automatic settings backup yes,automatic image backup no.

clone friendly the image has been patched for the clone so its ok to use if box has v3.2 chip you can use the latest images

ok guys thanks I cant check till tmoz as im away for the night but will have a look and continue this convo then many thanks :-)

Back