usb playback

Phil49

If I record a film to a USB stick on ibox 2. Can I then play that back on a smart TV via its USB port or will I have to watch it via the ibox it was recorded on ?

Once you format the usb stick to ext4 then u cant take it out to play in anything else. If its set correctly and for box safety it should never be removed anyway.
I thought u could just set movie location to /usb but just tried and couldnt.
you could copy the recording off ur box by ftp to pc then put on any other usb stick...

Sucmnsee mate, for info , I was able to set movie recording to USB before when pen was mounted and formatted to EXT 4 but had to play film through the box

hi there not meaning to hijack but i am trying to set up pen drive for recording but no luck please could you help .cheers :)

1st insert blank usb in rear then power on

Then go to storage devices and initialise

Then go to vix and set up 256 swapfile

Then set epg to /hdd

That shoul be it but make sure:
Set record to /hdd

Set timeshift to /hdd

All assume u are using openvix on box

hi there thanks for reply will try that i am using vix new to box and have been busy work thanks for help:whistling:

hi there i sucked them but no luck loltried what you said maybe i need an idots guide can you give me one cheers.?

Once usb is inserted in back turn on.

Then :
menu
setup
system
storage devices
initialisation
Select the drive
press red to initialise.

Menu
setup
vix
swap manager
blue to enable. Then wait.
Yellow to autostart
green to start.
exit

Menu
setup
system
epg
set to /hdd

Ok. On pc. Download a free Low Level Format tool.

Full format the usb using this.

Then Full format with windows.

Then try initialisation again. U dont have partition on the drive do u?

85 pounds?!
Somethings not right. I have come across this before but only on 1 usb.
I use £5 kingston g4 16gb usb3 sticks off amazzon.
only needed to lowlevelformat 1or2 ever.
when u press
menu
setup
vix
mount manager. What does it say. All 4 values

---------- Post Merged at 01:21 AM ----------

hi there i sucked them but no luck loltried what you said maybe i need an idots guide can you give me one cheers.?

Ok. Im slow. lol

Hi there glad you found it funny thought I had dissed you :) thanks for help ,yes I do get the four colour options .could it be I am trying to use a to big pen have tried 64 gig and 500 gig .cheers

Not sure if the 64 stick will work.
But the 500gb hdd should. Thats what I use.
I didnt mean colours. The four different informations at the top beside ur drive name. What do they say when using the 500gb?

---------- Post Merged at 10:47 PM ----------

Ok edit. I 'think' I remember the 1 time I had this problem was on a 64gb stick. Cant remember the brand tho.

are you on a mac or pc ?

i see no mention on setting up swapfile to create..ahh you did say wait i wonder how long as it does take time when selecting like 3-5 minutes wait maybe?did you wait or got tired of waiting lol i do hehehehe.

Last edited:
Back