USB points

dee

TK Veteran
Is there anything on the market so i could double up on the usb point in using, i`ve 3 but only 2 are working. can`t put any pics up till i get this sorted.

ya you can buy a usb hub whats wrong with the port that wont work what does it say in divice manger dee

Reactions: dee
have you tried the mouse in the port that dont work just plug it into it and leave for 2mins and see if it loads

thats a srange one you can pick up a 4 port usb hub in any shop tesco or you could get pci usb card there not that expansive they sell the hub in the pound shop over here

Dee you can buy external usb ports, from 1 port it can give you 4 or 6 new ports. i got a really cheap one in a pound shop and it works perfectly, or you can get them from maplins or any other computer shop probably about £10

As the lads say dee check out the pound shop first! I got one from there also over here. 2 euro for a 4 port 2.0 USB powered one. Although sometimes, depending on what your going to use it for, you may need a powered one.

just need it so i can upload these pics of the puppys got the software loaded now just need the port.

Ah right. Don't mind what I mentioned about powered ones. It's rare you'd need one and it's for high usage of external devices.

Well my external burner has one usb lead coming from it for power and one coming from it for data. I have used it no problem on the hub. Might depend on the power demands from it though as my one is very small and compact. Give it a try and see maybe. I have had one or 2 warnings about USB bandwidth running low in the past though when using the burner and wireless card at the same time.

i got 2 from the £ shop a few years ago one worked fine but the other one only 2 of the 4 ports worked, so yes they work but hey for £1 it dont matter. with my new pc i got 9 ports lol on my old pc i had 4 usb 2.0 ports put in, but as they were at the back not much help when you wanna add sumit quick.
argoos have some decent one under £20

strange why 1 of em dont work, have you tried loading other usb's into it as i have sometimes found that its the device that dont like a certain usb port. try a flash drive or usb adapter for a card in it see if it works for those.

Last edited:
oh dear - well at least you now know it dont work lol! very strange tho maybe its just packed up.
try the other options then either £land or argoos, tesco - every little helps :) im sure other supermarkets like asda morrisons do em cheap

got the tower from a m8 after my old one came up no internet connection, bloody things been a pain ever since.

Back