Using a Sky Card on Zgemma

p17blo

Is it possible to use a valid an active Sky card in the CI slot of the Zgemma? If it is, do I need to configure anything specifically to make it work - I just tried my Sky card, but none of the channel I have on my package would clear.

TIA

Paul

Is it possible to use a valid an active Sky card in the CI slot of the Zgemma? If it is, do I need to configure anything specifically to make it work - I just tried my Sky card, but none of the channel I have on my package would clear.

TIA

Paul

Thats an interesting question, following this to see responses - I'll also try later with a 2S and OpenATV...

Theoretically, you can use a Sky Card for Multichannel, ie not premium Movie & Sport or if the card is paired to a SD box or an old Thomson HD, then you can get the Movie & Sport as well. You will not get most Sky HD channels. You need to use OScam with a reader setup for the internal slot or maybe NewCS. Basically, it's a similar proceedure for what some people would use to share a card.

Theoretically, you can use a Sky Card for Multichannel, ie not premium Movie & Sport or if the card is paired to a SD box or an old Thomson HD, then you can get the Movie & Sport as well. You will not get most Sky HD channels. You need to use OScam with a reader setup for the internal slot or maybe NewCS. Basically, it's a similar proceedure for what some people would use to share a card.

Thanks - Never used Oscam - I'll do some research. My card has the entry level Sky package on it, but I thought it might help avoid using CS for those channels I have - So is it possible to mix how the channels are decrypted? ie, Say Sky1 with my card and Sky movies with CCcam?

Paul

You can still use CCcam which will clear all channels if and thats a big if the card is still paired to an old SD receiver, You will of course need a correctly configured CCcam.cfg and your box key

Well it paired and working with my old Sky HD+ box. Is that going to be a problem? When you say I need my box key, what is that and how do I get it?

All well and good linking to google. But I wouldn't have had a clue what to search for. And if Google was the be all and end all there would be no need for forums like this. Tut

I wrote this years ago, to use a Sly card in a DM500 - the OSCAM configuration will still work now.

Attachments

• HOW TO CONFIGURE OSCAM - DM500S.pdf
    80.1 KB · Views: 132
Yes - you need the box key and RSA from the paired VM box but I can confirm that a VM card will work in a ZGemma using OScam.

It isn't a simple job and it will be difficult to find someone to do it for you. The chip on the VM box needs removing and the contents need dumping. It used to cost several hundred pounds.

Would you still need to do this using an Oscam/CCcam Ubuntu server as well? Think I might just go back to upgrading my package back to sports/movies.......

Back