V***min MODEM

eileen

TK Supporter
IMG_20140717_102302.jpgIMG_20140717_102122.jpghi gang, last week, my modem, (one on the right) which i have had since ntl days, the ready light was flashing, and i couldn't get on line, it had happened before, engineer visited, and said it was signal in outside box, sorted.....so it happened again as i said, rang v***in, spoke to whoever, wherever, for him to tell me modem was too old, when i told him i was sure it was signal, as exact thing had occurred before, he disagreed, and said i needed to be sent new modem, would be credited for time off lone ect 4 days, anyway curiosity got the better of me on friday, went in an turned on modem (one on right) hey presto shes working........ come tuesday the new modem (one on the left arrives) my dilemma is ......do i leave the old one as it is, or do i set up the new one and ring the freephone number to activate it , its just i have heard people complaining about the one on the left.....what do you reckon... im a sort of, if it aint broke don't fix it person, so thought i would through it out there, to see what you think,
thanks for reading, and any suggestions

if the modem is lagit as in your paying for it via a service then swop them to the new 1 those modems are the ones that got chipped but their problem is they only run upto 20mb/s now if your on a higher package thats why your modem is cutting out for the signal is being pumped and the speed is being dropped, if it is a chipped 1 which i cant see that being or vermin would have noticed and your internet package is higher than 20mb/s then you want alot hell of alot more than 4days of no service

not chipped, they put it in when i 1st had internet put in, about 10 or more years back,
will swap them over tomorrow, the new shiny one, both legit,
cheers for reply

pros and cons are. The wireless signal isnt that good on the new hubs although it saves having separate modem and router. pays your money and takes yer choice.

Back