V8s

a simple [although technically incorrect ] way I described it to someone else
Enigma 2 is a bit like the bios on a PC , the underlying firmware that actually starts the box up and makes it run
OpenVix and openATV are like the OS , its what makes things happen, and what you see when you go into menus etc,
there are also different images you can load onto the box to make it look like S*Y or Vermin if you so desire

almost all newer boxes are E2 [enigma2] boxes, there are exceptions, the Openbox range etc

having more than 1 tuner allows you to record and watch something different at the same time

Yep, good way of describing E2.

So imagine your cable box as a computer, there are different makes and models, they have different processor speeds, memory sizes, different makes of microchip etc.

The "image" could be likened to your windows package, could be Vista (if your unlucky) Windows 7 , 8 , 10 etc.
In this case it would be Openvix, OpenATV or various others.

So in general you could mix and match the box with any image.

However, that's not really the case for Zgemma and Openvix, to put it mildly they just don't get on with each other :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Openvix have a list of boxes they officially support and Zgemma isn't one.

Zgemma do however have support from OpenATV.

So in order to stay out of trouble I wouldn't try to mix Zgemma with Openvix.

When you record a channel the tuner locks to the program you are recording.

So you can't watch another program while recording is taking place with a single tuner.

Two tuners, watch one while recording another. Three tuners ....record two and watch a third..... four tuners.... 5 tuners......you get the jist.

Guys, I have seen a android tv box (A95X) at a friend's house. It has a certain app (swift streamz) installed, which when opened, had all available channels (Asian, euro, ss, Arabic etc.). It looked pretty good and user friendly to use.

Now the question, how does this box work and compares to the ones suggested above (zgemma h4, miraclebox etc.). The friend's say he paid 120 for it and apparently the subscription will be for life. Not sure how that works!

The only thing in the A95x I noticed was some channels were not playing. Occasionally there was a slight freeze also. I also didn't see the information on channels (like what programme is currently on etc., I assume its referred to as EPG).

It sounds like it's just an android box, with a plex licience.

If it has been sold with a subscription for life expect it to go tits up within 3 months :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

lol. the guy my bought from sells these from his shop so there is a bit of security in that I guess. he has had the box for a year and seems to be happy with it.

BUt for me, it was the freezing of channels, the advertisements everytime you go into or come out of channels and NOT having the program info. is deal breaker. So going to stick with android box as advised above.

lol. the guy my bought from sells these from his shop so there is a bit of security in that I guess. he has had the box for a year and seems to be happy with it.

BUt for me, it was the freezing of channels, the advertisements everytime you go into or come out of channels and NOT having the program info. is deal breaker. So going to stick with android box as advised above.
As bees says it's a glorified android box
It would need to have octo core processor
For that price

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

guys, I am more inclined towards miracle box (although with just one tuner) its the quality that I am after.

How to ensure that I am not buying the cloned box? is there a genuine seller/website? Also, for miracle box, is openatv or openvix best. I like the looks of openvix as it resembles to s*y.

I assume (excuse my ignorance again) that as this is cable based box, I wont have to retune for missing channels, am I right in that?

DVB-C is the cable version

WOS only sell genuine boxes.

Openvix is a good image but what ever image you choose
you will have to add a "skin" to tart up the menus to look like a sky or Vm box.

The channel list auto updates along with the EPG every night.

you will have to add a "skin" to tart up the menus to look like a sky or Vm box.

Thanks for prompt response. regarding the line/sub for the box, I bought last time from ebay and paid the price (literally). Any recommended suppliers on this or another forum that you can point to for this box.

There is a request thread in the general cable section.

Read the advisory before posting, there is also a guide on how to set up the box in there too.

Here is a link

Last edited:
I have received the box (openvix flashed) from WOS today. Is there a specific setup procedure for miraclebox and also how to enter the line details?

Press the "Here is a link" in green above.

The guide is for a combo (sat and cable) box, so just miss out the sat parts.

Back