Vauxhaull Astra Front light not working

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi
I have a vauxhall astra club 2006 model and the driver side light is not working properly. I took it to the garage and the mechanic put a new bulb In and it still didn't work. The mechanic said it could be the fuse has blown or the wiring to the main light switch needs replacing. He quoted £40 if he has to rewire the switch.

I have managed to find the fuse boxes but having difficulty determining what number the light that's not working would be in correspondences with the fuse box?? I have searched on the net and looked in the car manual book and checked number fuse numbers 23 and 33 but they both seem ok.

Can anyone advise me try anything else before I get it sorted by the garage please?

kind regards

shiv

usually if fuse is gone i would have thought left hand rear would not work also,might it have been a bad bulb he used,need to check for a live feed before headlamp to see if corroded plug in is bad.only way in testing those fuses if possible is a circuit tester that can show green or red if the fuse has a bare bit of metal on each pole of fuses,some feckers use an all plastic top you cant check unless you remove it,beware you know exactly where fuse came from and goes to.
opels and vauxhall have body ecu that effect lights but my problem was indicators flashing slow on one side and fast the other lol

which fuse box are you looking at one in engine or at kneecap inside car in case there are 2

Last edited:
usually if fuse is gone i would have thought left hand rear would not work also,might it have been a bad bulb he used,need to check for a live feed before headlamp to see if corroded plug in is bad.only way in testing those fuses if possible is a circuit tester that can show green or red if the fuse has a bare bit of metal on each pole of fuses,some feckers use an all plastic top you cant check unless you remove it,beware you know exactly where fuse came from and goes to.
opels and vauxhall have body ecu that effect lights but my problem was indicators flashing slow on one side and fast the other lol

which fuse box are you looking at one in engine or at kneecap inside car in case there are 2

i was looking at the fuse box in the engine. I'm not sure if this has any major significance to my query,but when I press my indicator bar back the light that's not working comes on full beam. Would that suggest the bulb is not the problem??

is indicator and lights on same stalk as the full beam should not be on unless the stalk has gone limp and stuck in the flash / pull position.

headlamps can have 3 bulbs depending on type
side light bulb usually a capless 5w
headlight usually a h7 or h1
mainbeam usually a h7 or h1/showing blue on dash

Last edited:
usually if fuse is gone i would have thought left hand rear would not work also,might it have been a bad bulb he used,need to check for a live feed before headlamp to see if corroded plug in is bad.

Back