Virgin broadband - twin tuner needed

cerysmt

Just been told a zgemma is not my best option as there's no sky dish on the property. Want to record/series link while watching a diff channel. I have a USB HDD ready to use for storage. Looking for a plug and play box with a year's sub, would be grateful if someone can point me in the right direction! :)

There's a cable section in this forum where you'll find more info.

As for plug and play I'm not too sure about, but from the advice and information on this forum you'll be able to set a box up yourself.

I now have a vu+ solo se v2, which is a dual tuner cable box. I also have a external hdd plugged in and couldn't recommend the box more, not an issue since I got it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't think you'll get a dual tuner plus year sub for that price unfortunately, not from what I know.

I would say a decent server, would be 60 - 80 a year for cable, and maybe 50% more for the second tuner.

I am so confused, so I'd need to buy a second line in order to record something while another channel is on? Starting to think maybe a zgemma h2s is more cost effective...i can live without the dual functionality I guess.

You will only need 1 line, but some servers make you pay more for dual tuners, some don't.

Yeah the initial cost can add up, but when saving 80 or more a month plus ppv, you'll make your money back in a couple of months.

Single tuners are cheaper. Miraclebox and edison get some good reviews.

No cheap dual tunner around the box recommend above is my recommendation also.
You don't see much on here about them as they just work.
You get what you pay for and a 2year warranty.
There is the zgemma h2h, dissable the sat side and add a usb tunner at a cost of about £50
So £90 for h2h + £45/50 for usb tunner = buy the better box in the first place lol.
Somebody else started a thread the same as this and got some good advice if you search around uou may find it.

on the good points edison or miraclebox or vu can run image of choice openvix.

zgemma cannot do that now as no support.

forgot to mention externally powered hdd work better.

Back