Virus

roysrolls

hello my grandson has just rang me and said as soon as he starts his laptop up he gets a message on the screen saying he has got 365 viruses I dont know what to do to help him I was hopeing you guys could give me a hand as what I should do to get rid of them is there any program I could run hope you guys can help cheers take care best regards

Definitely not anywhere near enough information here to be specific Roy.

Run Malwarebytes for starters, it's always a good place to start.

Really you'd need to provide Info such as

Operating system

Machine type

Exact Msg appearing on screen

I know you said it reports 365 viruses (one for every day of the year) lol

But does the Mesg box have a heading\title?

Is it a particular type of rogue software offering to fix the issues?

Does it have a name?

We do try to be helpful here honestly, your question though is a little like "How long is a piece of string?" (y)

Remember this simple Motto,

The more Info the more help ;)

-

@Gman... depends on the job for said string.... may not need much to tie a reminder but for your shoes it could get crazy... ROFL

@roysrolls..... Gman summed it up really. There are many steps that could be taken here but I'm guessing about 3 and your "problems" are fixed. ;)

Hi I am doing a scan now whith avast ativirus the virus is a trogan could the laptop be restored to an earlier date would that fix it cheers

No that won't fix it Roy. Once you restart it will infect again.

You need to clean it.

Malwarebytes is the place to start ;)

Thanks I have just dowmloaded malware bites and am waiting for this scan to stop then i will install malware on the laptop and run it cheers

heres another i have used on countless occasions

do a google and search for

removefakeantivirus

it really works as does malwarebytes but its another for the arsenal

Hi I have run spybot and windows washer and malwarebytes and there is nothing on it its clean,I have done msconfig and unticked three programs from starting up and there is nothing I can find is there anything else that i can do cheers take care

Do you have a hijackthis log you can show us?

At this point we still need a lot of information to help you out.

did you try removefakeantivirus....i dont think so as you would not be here now

run it in safe mode as administrator...your problems will be gone...i am sure

yes i have used it...quite a few times...for this purpose i am sure it will work...what is there to lose

or do what i do

use Linux

please accept my sincere apologies in trying to help....

Last edited:
Sub I've never used it either but I'm sure it works if yove tried it. There are so many weird viruses out there that the cure isn't always the same.

Combo fix and hijackthis are pretty good. But be careful with both. They can do damage if u get to aggressive. I used ad aware & avira the other day and they took care of my issues. Hope u get it!! Good luck!

thanks guys I have tried every thing and re started the laptop up and it wasnt there anymore dont know what I have done really but its not there anymore keep your fingers crossed thanks again take care best regards

yes i have used it...quite a few times...for this purpose i am sure it will work...what is there to lose

or do what i do

use Linux

please accept my sincere apologies in trying to help....

I don't think that anybody faulted you at all for trying to help, that is what we are here for. I believe Gman was simply asking a few follow up questions to your recommendation and offered some information in case you or anyone was not aware. It is always best to have as much information as possible when making decisions. Please don't take offense when others do not necessarily agree with everything you post. We are all here to help and learn and we appreciate everyones opinion. :cheers:

thanks guys I cant fault you I would be lost if it wasnt for people like you to give me some help because what I know about P.C.s is not worth knowing thanks again take care best regards

Back