Cable VM Channels problem

I have a problem with some VM channels going off completly/freezing. It always seems to be the same ones, even the FTA ones, ITV HD,BBC 1 HD, as well as premium channels, Disc HD , Nat geo, History. The signal is 98 percent. I thought it was my Nline,but it cant be as the other channels are still working. Anyone got any ideas why. There was an antenuator on which ive taken off now.

The bbc HD and ITV HD are not FTA on virgin, they are encrypted too, try your local regional SD BBC1, thats not encrypted, also what box you on?

I havnt tried another line as im not too sure how. I know theres instructions on here but as its been fine ive never bothered. My box is the H1. The sat channels are fine,no frreezing at all.

I havnt tried another line as im not too sure how. I know theres instructions on here but as its been fine ive never bothered. My box is the H1. The sat channels are fine,no frreezing at all.

So you have 2 lines on your box a sky line and also a virgin line correct ?

It was flashed already, just plug and play. A channel has just gone off, so i went to another channel with the same transponder freq, and the other channels are on. 362MHZ 6952000 for 5 different channels but only 1 off. I dont get it

---------- Post Merged at 03:31 PM ----------

I havnt tried another line as im not too sure how. I know theres instructions on here but as its been fine ive never bothered. My box is the H1. The sat channels are fine,no frreezing at all.[/QUOTE]

So you have 2 lines on your box a sky line and also a virgin line correct ?

That right. Sat channels are fine.

Sounds like your virgin line might be over subscribed , did you reboot your box and router, also check your connections if you have done this I think the only way is to try another test line on virgin.

Sounds like your virgin line might be over subscribed , did you reboot your box and router, also check your connections if you have done this I think the only way is to try another test line on virgin

Yes, ive checked the connections and rebooted etc, but still the same.Its strange though how the a different channel on the same freq is working, so i cant see how it can be the line.

Other than try a new line or reflash can't help you anymore , hopefully someone else might be able to give you more information on what to do .

You need to try a new line as advised, as thats the classic sign of a "dodgy" vm line, freq has nothing to do with the line, its how the server handles each channel. Let me know if you need help with that as I can recommend a superb VM server.

You need to try a new line as advised, as thats the classic sign of a "dodgy" vm line, freq has nothing to do with the line, its how the server handles each channel. Let me know if you need help with that as I can recommend a superb VM server.

Great, if you can pm me as my lines up next month i think.

I have decided to try a test line over the weekend to see if that sorts the problem out. How do i find my Nlines so i can write them down as i cant get in touch with the server at the minute. The only thing i have on my PC is Dreambox control centre. Can i add test lines through this as i cant download filezilla for some reason.I dont really want to flash with sucumnsee yet and start from fresh yet, as i bought the box fully working and if its just new lines i need, there doesnt seem much point. Thanks for any help again.

Its the same way to update them as it is to take note of them, use DCC to navigate to user/var then keys folder and you should see newcamd.list, open this and your lines should be in there

Its the same way to update them as it is to take note of them, use DCC to navigate to user/var then keys folder and you should see newcamd.list, open this and your lines should be in there

Thanks i will it a go

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ----------

I found my lines, and I found the below off another thread. My line doesnt have the second one, CWS-INCOMING-PORT=21000. The top and bottom ones are the same. does the middle one matter. If i want to try a test line do i just delete mine and paste the new one in i suppose. Do they have to be in notepad or will word do?
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = server port\A0username password\A001 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Back