Cable vm epg issues?

paddyb

hi guys, anyone having issues with vm epg? all i seem to get is 1 day, sky is fine, i get the 7 days on that no prob but vm is useless. new to vm on these box's so dont know if there has always been an issue or if its just me.

No. Always only had one day on VM but sky a full week. Bit of a noob and it took a good few hours to get it all set up in the first place so I'm tempted to leave it alone. I'd love 7 days epg on the cable side though

I set the timer to zap at 6 AM to Virman PVR channel, and that seems to give me 7 days. A few channels might be missed but most are there.

Go to PVR EPG in all channels on Virmin, select timer, add ,timer 5 AM type-zap, repeated-daily and save. Seems to work for me ok.

Last edited:
What a guy. I've realised it grabs the epg when this channel is selected. Didn't realise you could set a timer just to select channel. Can you tell me though will it still chamge channel and grab data when box is on stand by?

Just a question re Vm. when i do a service search as i have Vm on top the search looks for Vm channels first then searches for Sly but when the Vm search takes place no channels are found it's only the Sly channels that show. is that normal or not.

what image have you loaded openvix/openatv? what lines do you have Cline or Nline also do you have a vm/virmin line? (vm line is not the same as sly)

to answer you correctly you need to tell us a bit more but as a general rule...if you have used sucmnsee's backup image & have an Nline for sly + a virmin line for vm both lines would go in user/keys via ftp, there are dummy lines already in place so best to simply right click & edit your lines in the newcamd.list

Check the tutorial sticky's on the zgemma section for step by step guide

Last edited:
Howdo BeakyFord. I have sucmnsees vix image and have Nlines I have Vermin BB line and a Sly Nline coming in ive been running for six months or so but i just seem to be getting some freezing taking place and wondered if it was the box as my line provider is top drawer. but as i say when i do a search for services whilst the vermin search takes place no channels are found then the Sly starts to search for channels and they appear immediately i just wondered if i had the autobouquets for my area correct.

menu/setup/service searching/tuner config, disable tuner A (sly tuner) then check menu/setup/ABM/providers scroll down the page & make sure you have setup your vigin area then scan again (may need to restart cam then scan)

beyond this someone else will need to point you in the right direction as im still learning the vm side myself

7 Day EPG on VM use - ‘EPGRefesh’ plugin

Set Refresh automatic - Yes, 120second, time of day to do refresh 6am. etc
Then Blue button to edit services, then
Blue again and add ‘PVR_EPG’ channel, then
Green for OK

If struggling to find ‘PVR_EPG’ channel – bottom of bouquet list hit green for Satellite then choose Cable list and every Cable channel is listed in alphabetical order (scroll down to P)

Back