VM: Ethernet/WiFi Issues - Broadband

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hello,

I have the new Superhub 2 AC Virgin Media router, i have a problem, the problem is when the ethernet cable is plugged in from my PC to the Hub the WiFi connection drops, when i turn the PC on the WiFi reconnects, VM have said it seems that there is some configuration issue on the computer and not their superhub. For more info you can have a look at this thread:

Code:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/SuperHub-WiFi-Connection-Keeps-Dropping-Authentication-Error/td-p/2831883/highlight/false

I've tried another ethernet cable and that doesnt make a difference. So if it is a configuration setting what am i looking for?

Anyone even had a issue like mine? It's definitely bizarre!

[video=youtube;e1L_WV-wb4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1L_WV-wb4I[/video]

Thanks in advance
j4v3d

Yeah, if my Openbox is plugged in to the Superhub 2 via ethernet, my wifi connection randomly drops out too.......

Yeah, if my Openbox is plugged in to the Superhub 2 via ethernet, my wifi connection randomly drops out too.......

I'm having that issue as well, i don't have an open box though. Have you been in touched with VM about it? If you have what have they said?

What is the model number on the router and what version of FW have you got installed on the Super Hub 2?

I bet as soon as you take the ethernet cable out the WiFi reconnects for you???

No, not contacted them. Rarely use the openbox so it hasn't bothered me that much....yet....

I will have a look later.

Usually I just have to disconnect and reconnect on my laptop. I need to spend a bit of time properly looking into it though.

I did have an issue with my engima sat box where it was DDOS-ing itself but that was a bad config file. A lot of people use that config file though so not sure why it works for some and not for others.

No, not contacted them. Rarely use the openbox so it hasn't bothered me that much....yet....

I will have a look later.

Usually I just have to disconnect and reconnect on my laptop. I need to spend a bit of time properly looking into it though.

I did have an issue with my engima sat box where it was DDOS-ing itself but that was a bad config file. A lot of people use that config file though so not sure why it works for some and not for others.

Ah right, i'm just having issues with my Superhub 2 and PC at the moment, going to connect the ethernet cable to a laptop and see whether the WiFi drops out then, if it does then it may be something to do with my PC which is quite hard to believe as the old router worked fine when connected to the PC, no wireless issues.

Back