VM HD Skin V1.5 Skin

I've tried renaming them in the skin.xml but it didn't work I'll try your way when I get chance later in the week but they probably would be in use

ok thanks do you know how to change the buttons on epg for changing day to yellow and blue ive tried doing this myself by chang this

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/dup.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/ddown.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chup.png" position="1029,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chdown.png" position="1055,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/epg.png" position="680,643" size="31,34" alphatest="blend" />

to

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/yellow.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/blue.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chup.png" position="1029,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chdown.png" position="1055,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/epg.png" position="680,643" size="31,34" alphatest="blend" />

but it doesn't work epg is still the same

I've tried renaming them in the skin.xml but it didn't work I'll try your way when I get chance later in the week but they probably would be in use

ok thanks do you know how to change the buttons on epg for changing day to yellow and blue ive tried doing this myself by chang this

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/dup.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/ddown.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />

to

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/yellow.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/blue.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />

but it doesn't work epg is still the same

There's 3 instances of the files ddown.png and dup.png appearing in the xml file, did you try changing all 3 to yellow.png & blue.png to see which works for epg?

The dup n ddown are just used in the GraphicalEPG and GraphicalEPGpig screens...no where else....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sorted it changed all 3 like you said

---------- Post Merged at 02:41 PM ----------

im not sure which one it was
it would be best to change the stop button to blue and remove it from change day with just yellow and change the text to next day

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 PM ----------

i noticed i did them the wrong way round lol sorted it changed the stop to blue deleted the blue on change day so its just yellow and the text to next day i just need to close the gap between yellow and next day

red hd epg.jpg

Last edited:
sorted it changed all 3 like you said
View attachment 16243

---------- Post Merged at 02:41 PM ----------

im not sure which one it was
it would be best to change the stop button to blue and remove it from change day with just yellow and change the text to next day

---------- Post Merged at 03:05 PM ----------

i noticed i did them the wrong way round lol sorted it changed the stop to blue deleted the blue on change day so its just yellow and the text to next day i just need to close the gap between yellow and next day
View attachment 16244

Glad it works, i'd changed the code exactly as you describe, just waiting to get home to test

You need stop (epg.png) to yellow and just blue next to yellow

---------- Post Merged at 03:21 PM ----------

like this

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/dup.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" /> delete this text
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/yellow.png" position="680,643" size="31,34" alphatest="blend" />
<eLabel name="new eLabel" position="713,642" size="130,34" text="previous day" font="Regular; 20" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" foregroundColor="grey" />
<eLabel name="new eLabel" position="904,642" size="118,34" text="​next day" font="Regular; 20" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" foregroundColor="grey" />
<eLabel name="new eLabel" position="1085,642" size="140,34" text="page up/down" font="Regular; 20" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" foregroundColor="grey" />
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="1159,230" size="92,27" font="Regular; 20" halign="center" backgroundColor="skyblue" transparent="1" valign="top" foregroundColor="un404040">
<convert type="ClockToText">Format:%R</convert>

Last edited:
Change this to bring the gap between button and text back -
to
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/blue.png" position="872,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />

Just download e2 skinner and load the skin there...dont 4gt 2 get the font files as well if you want to move elements around.

Its easy that way.

Just download e2 skinner and load the skin there...dont 4gt 2 get the font files as well if you want to move elements around.

Its easy that way.

Wow, just having a play, didnt know this existed :grin:
Yeah...it easier that way if you want to make changes or even if you want to change graphics or add elements to the skin.

You can customise to however you want it 2 be...

Cheers I'll have a look tomorrow got to go to work

---------- Post Merged at 04:28 PM ----------

Where do you download e2 skinner?

Doesn't look like it works that well on vix that's according to a thread on wos
It doesnt work well with vix skins as the layout is different. My skins are based on Pli as they only have 1 xml file so am sure it will work with e2 skinner....

Change this to bring the gap between button and text back -
to
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/blue.png" position="872,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />

Or Delete that text and keep the one I deleted and change dub.png to blue.png then no need to close the gap

Does any of this address the mini-screen not showing on epg and Channel line up? Are you still having that problem dsayers?

Epg screens fine it's the channel section screen with no tv and now and next description from my first screen shot

As chabs says it looks like it's the converters but I can't understand why you aren't getting it on the epg
I'm running vix 3.2036 what version are you using

Last edited:
Does any of this address the mini-screen not showing on epg and Channel line up? Are you still having that problem dsayers?
The mini screen issue should just be on the channel list. I will try fix that this week wen i hv time. Btw wot vix version are you using?? I also have the purple version on the virgin media skin which I will upload for you guys 2 check it out...

Cheers. I'll look when I get home and post later.

Looking at your previous post the ipk didn't transfer all the converter files over have you tried to manually ftp them? Delete all in your box and ftp the ones that you extracted then reboot

---------- Post Merged at 05:29 PM ----------

This one
I don't have any .py files in my Converter folder, only .pyo. There's EventName.pyo and EventTime.pyo but yours seems to contain d2NextEvents.py and MovieReference.py which I don't have in mine. It's probably nothing but I thought I'd mention it. Bit of a learning curve here.

Back