vu box

fozzer

Hi so I decided to have a look at my old vu+zero to look at what sats where avaiable but I seem to have lost my channels and sats I am trying to load on a channel list one of the vhanibial list put it on my usb but when I try to load it the vu says no media file recognised I then tried to put tsmedia on it because on an old thread I think you can get a channel list from there. I did have mine set on usals. whats my best bet to try and get some of my sats back thanks

Connect the box to the internet, push menu, plugins, download plugins and install a channel list from the settings menu. Reboot box.

How old is the image on the box ? If its really old feeds for downloads may no longer be available.

You can install the channel list from PC to the box with DreamBox Edit or echanalizer.

If your image is really old id advice you update it before doing anything.

Hi I checked the image it's openvix 5.2 something I think so it is old I tried looking to see if I could load a channel list but couldn't see anything in the plugins so when I have installed a new image what do I do then

Hi I checked the image it's openvix 5.2 something I think so it is old I tried looking to see if I could load a channel list but couldn't see anything in the plugins so when I have installed a new image what do I do then
Plugin server wont be still live on a image that old.

Get the latest version image on it first mate, if not your going to give yourself a lot of hassle.

Hi do I put new image on got a channel list and got some sats back now I am trying to add my line to oscam in etc/tubox/oscam.server I have download oscam.emu on box I have added the line to oscam server file I was sent but got rid of the other stuff as wasn't sure if it was needed

Last edited:
Hi do I put new image on got a channel list and got some sats back now I am trying to add my line to oscam in etc/tubox/oscam.server I have download oscam.emu on box I have added the line to oscam server file I was sent but got rid of the other stuff as wasn't sure if it was needed
If you're still using the outdated image then you are wasting your time, flash the box as already advised

Well if your happy the way it is fine mate.

Your never going to get the best out of it with that old image.

If you want to add a new image its done like this

Easiest method is by USB make sure its formatted to fat32.

1. Download the USB version of any image.

2. Unrar and send the vuplus folder to your USB stick.

3. Turn off the power at the plug . Insert your USB stick in the USB port.

4. Turn back on the power.

Hi so I put a new image on installed a channel list and got a few sat 0.8 Thor 13e and 16e and when zi have tried to find 19e and 30w when I have gone back to Thor the picture was breaking up so must of affected the signal now I can't get a signal on any of the sats the weather here isn't raining any help much appreciated thanks in advance

Just checked dish and it is not moving any ideas thanks
Redo the fconnectors from reciver to dish.

Check you have enter your coordinates correctly.

Do you know the make of your motor and are there any visibale lights showing ?

Get someone to watch the motor to see if any light can be seen while you try move it.

Do re do all your f connectors though.

Hi it was the coaxial the connection was loose redone connection motor is moving but I am having trouble find Thor now any advice thanks

With regards to the physical dish/motor, was it aligned to use USALS or Diseqc controls?

With regards to the tuner configuration on your receiver , are you using USALS (you enter co-ordinates and box does calculating) or Diseqc (where you move dish and store positions) motor controls?

I get signal on 16e and it was ok yesterday but today it seems to be fluctuating a lot it can go from 64% to maybe 35% to 40% and is breaking up a bit it was ok yesterday any help much appreciated thanks

I get signal on 16e and it was ok yesterday but today it seems to be fluctuating a lot it can go from 64% to maybe 35% to 40% and is breaking up a bit it was ok yesterday any help much appreciated thanks
What dish size and where is your location roughly

Back