Vu+player app alternative?

scorpio72

I'm using the vu+player app to remotely control my cloud ibox from another room as it's connected up to 2 TVs. Works fine for this but lately when I try to stream content onto my phone or tablet, it freezes and staggers a lot. Is there a better alternative out there? Or do I need a wifi booster in the bedroom, which is were I stream it?

There is TiMote and dreamdroid too

Is your wireless ok? That can cause issues, does it get worse the further you go away from the router?

Yeh, it staggers more in bedroom which is furthest away from router, that's why I was going to get a wifi extender. But today I tried to stream onto the tablet while in the same room as the router and it was freezing a lot.

Have you vlc on the device for playback?

Try TiMote or Dreamdroid but maybe reposition your router? Have you rebooted your router?

No, I've mx player. Cant reposition the router as it needs to be beside phone. Is dreamdroid easy to set up? Is there instructions online? I'm wrecked tired here and going to bed, thanks for your help so far.

I use vlc, find it less fussy lol
Dreamdoid just needs the same details as vuplayer, I find though that if vu player freezes, so will timote and dreamdroid until I reboot my router, if its been fine and now having issues you might find a router reboot fixes it, if its always been dodgy then look at improving your wireless

Type ip off box in browser takes u to openwebif press the wee blue tv next to all channel put that in your player

Click on Entertainment or anyone that you want, and you'll get the channels, go to the channel that you want to stream, go across and click on the blue tv and it will download the m3u

Back