Vu plus Duo won't boot

Kacey

Afternoon all please be gentle as I'm a newbee. My vu is ten months old, I am running the Vix that was installed when I bought it, last month it starting crashing whilst updating epg. Last night it wouldn't boot up.
The led says starting
Then tv screen comes on with the wallpaper but the Vix sign just spins
Then it says your box has crashed and needs to restart.
But it doesn't it just sits there.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Thanks is it possible to tell me where to download the latest image from and how to do it via flash. I have only FTP bouquets to it

Thanks is it possible to tell me where to download the latest image from and how to do it via flash. I have only FTP bouquets to it 

Download the latest image from Openvix (3.2.021)

1. Format you memory stick on you PC FAT32.
2. Create a directory in called vuplus.
3. Within the the vuplus directory create another folder called duo.
4. Unzip the USB upgrade files into that directory.
5. Power off your VU+ Duo.
6. Insert memory stick into front USB slot.
7. Power on your VU+ Duo and follow the on screen instructions.

for the vu+duo only from giblets link
VU+ DUO | OpenViX

open the latest and copy that to your usb stick, no need to create folders as #2 and #3 in micmacs post , it's done
make sure you have no other stick in the rear usb

All sorted, Thankyou both for your help. It had crashed because I had the dog to install to internal flash instead of hdd.

i use a micro 8gb stick in rear for my epg and swapfile.
box will need to see/and initialize your selected usb stick first then

Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.

it takes time to setup swapfile as you might think nothing is happening when it is.

cacheflush is a plugin which is downloaded and installed i think in extension? = download plugins.

Thanks for that,
Do you know how to install a skin, I've downloaded the ipk file put it in temp but don't know what to do next

Thanks, I found it in the end. I put that Blue Hd skin on. It's ok but the planner is to close together ie looks like each line is half on the next.

Back