VU+ user interface

Hi all, i get the message onscreen "your vu+ user interface is about to restart"
It does its thing, (get the vix loading circle) then about a minute later the box and tv switch off,when i switch it back on it is still on same channel,but no longer in the bouquet but last scanned as pic below shows. Has some setting changed after i reflashed a few weeks ago ? And if so how can i get it back .

Attachments

• 20230804_052149.jpg
    20230804_052149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
The restart message is probably because of a crash. If you can upload the crash log, that would be better. Default location is home/root/logs

Because it crashed, the last bouquet used is not saved, so it starts in the last scanned bouquet. Once you fix the cause of crash, it should remember the last bouquet used. For time being select a bouquet and then a different channel to what you are watching now, then restart. Your bouquets should still be there. When in Grid EPG, pressing the TV button shows the bouquets on Vix.

Also, if you are using OpenTV EPG zapper, best to ensure the Sky info bouquet is not hidden if using ABM.

The restart message is probably because of a crash. If you can upload the crash log, that would be better. Default location is home/root/logs

Because it crashed, the last bouquet used is not saved, so it starts in the last scanned bouquet. Once you fix the cause of crash, it should remember the last bouquet used. For time being select a bouquet and then a different channel to what you are watching now, then restart. Your bouquets should still be there. When in Grid EPG, pressing the TV button shows the bouquets on Vix.

Also, if you are using OpenTV EPG zapper, best to ensure the Sky info bouquet is not hidden if using ABM.
Before i do crash log, can i just say it does it every day at same time it is not a one off.

Also i wasnt sure where crash log was (been a long time since i needed one) so i clicked about button and it crashed,so tried again after restart and it crashed again after clicking about button.

Also i wasnt sure where crash log was (been a long time since i needed one) so i clicked about button and it crashed,so tried again after restart and it crashed again after clicking about button.
If you have crash logs turned on youll find them in the root of your HDD or USB.

If it is crashing at the same time every day what processes do you have running at the time ? EPG download, autobouquet updates etc.

Can you see these.
They should be both similar,but noticed they are the only 2 which i presume is from when i clicked the about button.

Attachments

• 20230804_075811.jpg
    20230804_075811.jpg
    990.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230804_080132.jpg
    20230804_080132.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Have ip for box wrote down (to connect via putty) but wanted to check to make sure, but when i click anything in info box crashes..

Have ip for box wrote down (to connect via putty) but wanted to check to make sure, but when i click anything in info box crashes..
Tried login via putty, put in ip then asks login tried leaving first option blank and inputting pwd and nothing,tried putting in root then pwd and nothing,tried leaving things blank and nothing,changed pwd on box and inputted via putty and nothing.dont know if its an age thing or its just getting more complicated to access box every time 😁

When you reflashed boxdid you setup a password on box with remote and write it down to gain access to box.

Epg is going to Hdd or Usb and not Internal flash.

Something must be doing a daily update / download as @Ferret. mentioned

got on filezilla downloaded log to C. on pc copied but try to put in here and says invalid file, so tried attach file and it does not show at all.

There was only those in the log files, in /media/hdd/logs/ it says "enigma2_crash_2023-08-06-39-05.log" those are only log files showing.

Back