Vuvuzelas Banned By Seven Top Footie Clubs

joekingman

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Tue 20th July

Seven Premier League football clubs have told fans not to bring vuvuzelas to their games when the new season gets under way next month.
at.jpg

The controversial horns provided the soundtrack to this summer's World Cup in South Africa - but they will not be welcome in north London.

Tottenham Hotspur were first to post a message on their website confirming the ban, at the club's White Hart Lane stadium.

It read: "We are concerned that the presence of the instruments within the stadium pose unnecessary risks and could impact on the ability of all supporters to hear any emergency safety announcements.

"We are very proud of the fantastic atmosphere that our supporters produce organically at White Hart Lane and we are all very much looking forward to this continuing into the forthcoming season."

Within hours of Spurs announcing their intention to ban the vuvuzela, their north London rivals followed suit.

A statement on Arsenal.com read: "Further to their hugely debated involvement at this summer’s World Cup Finals in South Africa, Arsenal Football Club has decided to forbid the use of vuvuzelas within Emirates Stadium with immediate effect.

"The decision has been taken to ensure the enjoyment and safety of supporters on match days, which is of paramount importance to the club."

The Premier League has so far refused to implement a widespread ban on the horns, leaving it up to individual clubs to decide for themselves.

Sky News contacted all 20 Premier League clubs about their stance on vuvuzelas.

Birmingham City, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool and West Ham United said they have also banned the horns.

Eight clubs - Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Wigan Athletic and Aston Villa - were undecided.

But Blackpool, Chelsea and Manchester City - while not wanting to encourage fans to use vuvuzelas at their grounds - said they have no plans to ban them.

If the feedback outside White Hart Lane is anything to go by, fellow fans will quickly make known their views if anyone starts blowing the horns at matches.

One fan said: "They make a horrible racket and I'm delighted Spurs have taken this stance."

i think that the fans will ban these things.... by hook or by crook, imagine sitting next to one of these for 90 minutes

Now thats music to my ears lol thank god these things have been banned, imagine been at a game and some twit blown one of these beside you, in your ear for 90 minutes :bang head:

i think that the fans will ban these things.... by hook or by crook, imagine sitting next to one of these for 90 minutes

Now thats music to my ears lol thank god these things have been banned, imagine been at a game and some twit blown one of these beside you, in your ear for 90 minutes :bang head:

Couldn't agree more, click HERE to see why lol

-

Thanks for that G, i would not fancy sitting watching a game with that
racket going on around me.

Back