Was working fine

pizzaman

Hi all
My IPTV worked fine. Lately it's started to stutter. It's not just one box it's about 7 different boxes in different places. I was told by the server it needs a direct connection to modem and will not work properly using WiFi or homeplugs. Thing is some of the boxes I have given to friends in my area are working fine but the majority are stuttering. Do I need a new server?
Is the server oversubscribed?
Is there something I can do to fix this?
Do I need a new server?
Any good ones out there?
So many questions and no answers.
Any help would be awesome

far too wide ranging to have a simple answer, several boxes in several locations may suggest a server or image issues but unless you can check every element in situ (BB speed/restrictions, connection to router...ethernet cable,homeplugs,wifi) you will not be able to isolate what the problem is for sure.
Start with one box & set it up a fresh then take a test line to check against your providers line for stability then if ok move onto the next box, with any luck you should fine something common thats causing it....image....bb speed/connections....provider.

Hmmm, it's got to be something they have in common if all the devices are playing up. ISP , location (geographic) , if you're setting up the boxes you have to consider the software too but perhaps your provider also!?

Perhaps you need a trial with another provider to see if you have issues? To be told it doesn't work over WiFi is a bit concerning in my book. We have lots of users with WiFi connections and they work fine. I can understand in some instances and I appreciate hard wired is generally best :)

Back