what does the S and Q at bottom of screen stand for is this the signal and quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does the S and Q at bottom of screen stand for is this the signal and quality? and what should this be sitting at? can i improve either of them?.
i notice that it changes between channels also. been getting a lot of glitching and scrambled channels all the time lately and really doing my head in. my s is normally sitting at 82 and the q various between channels but normally about 86. is this good or should it be better? i have reset my router endlessly also turn on off box and tried factory rest rescan and problems still overly frequent. Any help would be much appreciated

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

also noticed lately that my internet keeps loosing connection and it happens very often. I have phoned VM 3 times this week to try and get it fixed but it still keeps happening.
Could it be the box that is causing the connection loss?
or is there anyway that VM can see that i am using the box and then stopping my internet so i cant use the box. and if so can i prevent this from happening?
when i phoned today VM guy said that there were no problems visible to him and the next time i loose connection i have to phone up straight away without resetting my box. thanksfor any input

maybe ill post this in dumpest question asked post :)

only jesting

you asked and answered the question in 12 words :) anything above 55 mate is good

if you are just gonna reply to try and tell me that i am dumb at least get the spelling correct. nothing worse than someone trying to put someone else down when they cant even spell. its embarrassing and tbh just makes you look like an asshole even in jest. yes i answered my own question but the post was more than that 1 question and i didn't know this for sure even though it seemed obvious. anyway thanks for the reply

Are you on correct net id as my boxes have been fine.. And vermin can't see jack... As I have an old telew connection and been rinsing it hard for the last 9 years.. From my superbox to dbox and now my beloved kV 780... And vermin have sent me without fail every other month..." Do you know your just a click away from vermin TV.. " letter... So they obviously can't see me so nothing to worry about.. We would of all been nicked by now..!! PS... Your box won't cause you internet problems the internet just decrypts your vermin signal.. Does your PC or tablet etc also lose connection... If yes then your router itself could be the problem

Last edited:
your levels need to be in the 72 range for good viewing,55 hell no to low and as you said 86 should be ok,what way is box connected to internet?
as ted has asked how did you get your net id?

Insulting another member will not be tolerated regardless of implied humour.

Responding to an insult by means of a return insult is not the answer either.

Users who click the like button for posts that insult other members are questionable too.

If any user feels offended by another post, they should use the "Report post button" instead of engaging in childish tit for tat behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back