What else can I do after Jailbreaking?

Pike1346,if you get multiman loader you will also be able to back up your movies and music,there are a few homebrew games around,if you get the cobra device you will also be able to back up ps2 games,also now dual booting is possible so you can put Linux back onto the ps3

Pike1346,if you get multiman loader you will also be able to back up your movies and music,there are a few homebrew games around,if you get the cobra device you will also be able to back up ps2 games,also now dual booting is possible so you can put Linux back onto the ps3

Linux, Thats is SWEET. Thanks for replying. I am gonna do this.

I want to get Linux back on my PS3 too, currently running the dreaded 3.60 firmware. :(

Just for the laughs:

Q: What else can i do after Jailbreaking my PS3?
A: Anything you damn well please. lol

Nice. Well, I been having the PS3 for a while, and I did not intend to JB it, as I do not use it often, but they keep forcing update and it pisses me off that I cant use it when i want cause they are forcing updates down my throat. Time to end that shia and make this thing a media beast. I have 3.60 too,

Can you please tell me what I need to do to JB the machine. I have been looking all over google and info is not as easy as it should be. Can I just downgrade to 3.55 and use the USB stick to update/JB it? Can anyone point me to the best info to JB this thing?

No downgrade available from 3.60 unfortunatly yet,dont give up hope thou,there are rumours abound that 3.60 will be cracked soon

Nice. Well, I been having the PS3 for a while, and I did not intend to JB it, as I do not use it often, but they keep forcing update and it pisses me off that I cant use it when i want cause they are forcing updates down my throat. Time to end that shia and make this thing a media beast. I have 3.60 too,

Can you please tell me what I need to do to JB the machine. I have been looking all over google and info is not as easy as it should be. Can I just downgrade to 3.55 and use the USB stick to update/JB it? Can anyone point me to the best info to JB this thing?

As sinno has said, not to worry, it should be cracked soon.

I also hate how Sony keep forcing updates on the system, whether you've just bought a new game, put it in and find that you have to update before you can play it, or when they try force an update to the entire firmware. Its the same scenario for Sony's PSP aswell.

I had no intention to jailbreak mine either as i bought it recently and ended up getting a 3 year guarantee and dont want to void it if something were to go wrong with it internally. If there was some sort of hack that could temporarily jailbreak the system and then have it revert back to normal after being shutdown, then that would be the safest way to play it, but i dont think it will plan out that way.

Jailbreak in itself is only a soft mod,multiman has a log flush built in so there is no record kept,however if you go online and have updated beyond 3.50,Sony introduced a rootkit in its firmware to spy out any suspicious activity,if you update as often as they have you do now you can forget about jailbreaking,they have also submitted new plans to the patent office's with a suposedly un hackable PS3

Jailbreak in itself is only a soft mod,multiman has a log flush built in so there is no record kept,however if you go online and have updated beyond 3.50,Sony introduced a rootkit in its firmware to spy out any suspicious activity,if you update as often as they have you do now you can forget about jailbreaking,they have also submitted new plans to the patent office's with a suposedly un hackable PS3

So I cant replace the HDD and downgrade to 3.55 or lower?

SINNO Can you tell me a bit more on the cobra device and if I got Linux back onto my ps3 would there be a possible way of putting my PS2 swap magic backup games on my PS3 hard drive or external hard drive and play them.

if you have 3.60 or above you cant do anything.

Cobra USB Features

Blu-ray / DVD movie "region free" functionality
Create and play Blu-ray* / DVD movie backups
Create and play PSX backups
Backup/play Blu-rays, DVDs, PS3 & PSX games to/in ISO format
Play PS3 games larger than 4GB from external USB HDD

And of course you can perform the usual jailbreak, downgrade from 3.50, and the device is fully updatable.

In all likelihood these features will be brought over to 3.50 and/or 3.55 once Cobra USB is released and hackers get their hands on and reverse engineer the payload(s).

* Cobra USB Manager allows original blu-ray movies to be copied, backups won’t work because of AACS copy protection. However, you can transfer these backups to your PC, decrypt them using some tool such as AnyDvd HD, DVDFab, etc, and transfer the decrypted iso back to the PS3. If you have a blu-ray reader on your computer, you may want to do the full process there instead.

cobra-usb.com

Last edited:
Back