What heating are you using??

The solar panel and batteries are just a pet project, I also have a 400w wind turbine thats still in the box. Its that big if don't know where to install it. The solar panel is just really for if power goes out then i can power low powered items up. I done it for a long time. That heater by the way is not a bulb its actually a carbon element and it does heat the room. In futrei can add more panels as i have lots of roof space south facing. I have often thought about installing lots of panels but its just weighing up the costs against what you can get back.
Don't get me wrong, Carbon infra red do throw some heat out, I have 2 in a workshop and they keep me warm when working in front of them but very different from convection heating. I think a lot depends on how old your house is tbh. My house is a mid 1920's and is very cold and loses heat very quickly . Modern houses are much better insulated and retain the heat far better than old houses., so I think a lot probably depends on the type of property you have.

We are Oil central heating! Dreading the cold weather now, the price of oil is Sky high now over £400 for 500 LTRs , during the Pandemic it was under £100 for the same, our tank is 4500 LTRs and was full to the very top during that period, been hanging on to see if it comes down with half a tank full at the moment but never let it go under 500 LTRs.
But being old it's never off until we go to bed during winter!

Back