What is currently the Best box for cable users?

trippy86

I have a a850 and friends and family have the 780 boxes

my box is still fine so im happy but my friends with the 780s are not having as much joy as they used to

since finding a a850 box is like looking for the holy grail i was wondering if there were any other alternative boxes that work in the same way

thanks for the help

There is no other box that comes without subs, everything now comes with subs. If you want HD channels you will have to stick with cable, the servers are a little more expensive, but that is the way it is. if SD is not a problem, then satellite is a little cheaper per year.
What sort of budget do you have in mind? is being able to record one channel and watch another important? Tell us what you want from a box and then people will be able to advise you a lot better.

Wheelo

hi wheelo, I have a vm con and a 780 atm however I want a HD one noww, any recommendations please I am new to this, i have a 4k tv and its crap seeing stuff through a scart cable thanks.

I would have to say the A850 HD box has been for many years the only HD cable box worthwhile using not only because its SUB free, easy to reset and rescan when channels move. i have tried the others like the amiko boxes etc with subs up and down in best parts just as much as the the KV so not exactly true in that you get what you pay for and the hassle to sort moved channels in my opinion not worth the grief. You can still get hold of these boxes (A850's) just need to know the right people and be willing to pay in the region of £250-£300 but would without a shadow of a doubt where possible advise a box on sat side dont go cheap and nasty spend a little a get a VU+ or similar and a reasonable sub with good level of up time and you are sorted.

I would have to say the A850 HD box has been for many years the only HD cable box worthwhile using not only because its SUB free, easy to reset and rescan when channels move. i have tried the others like the amiko boxes etc with subs up and down in best parts just as much as the the KV so not exactly true in that you get what you pay for and the hassle to sort moved channels in my opinion not worth the grief. You can still get hold of these boxes (A850's) just need to know the right people and be willing to pay in the region of £250-£300 but would without a shadow of a doubt where possible advise a box on sat side dont go cheap and nasty spend a little a get a VU+ or similar and a reasonable sub with good level of up time and you are sorted.

I have a A850 but it hasnt worked for 2 years ive tried rescanning and nothing doing
I have a Virmin media router which was updated the new router they have sent out tried quite a few things to get it working any advice please ??

I have a A850 but it hasnt worked for 2 years ive tried rescanning and nothing doing
I have a Virmin media router which was updated the new router they have sent out tried quite a few things to get it working any advice please ??
You need to update the box as its way out of date.. It will be in tutorial for 850 set up and what you need to do etc.. Ted

Back