WooshBuild What is the best triple tuner Linux box at the moment

Currently have Edison OS mega (now 6 years old), but thinking of changing, so what is the best replacement on the market at the moment?

btw - i couldnt post without picking a prefix

Hi All
Am looking at the Zgemma H7S. https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B078ST6NV9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3EXEABII8D743&psc=1
Can i add my internal 2.5" HDD to this from my OS MEGA. This statement is throwing me "Supports internal 2.5 inch hard drive data, but requires an open enclosure to use the slot on the back, 1 x common interface slot (CI+), 4 GB EMMC Flash / 1 GB DDR3 memory"
Can i flash with latest openvix image?
The slot is for SSD hard drive for a standard 2.5 inch you need to take the lid off.

With the H7s, there is no RGB output like i had in the OS Mega so i cant connect my trilink allowing me to change channels in anther room..
What options do i have for this functionality on the H7s?

Hi All
Am looking at the Zgemma H7S. https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B078ST6NV9/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3EXEABII8D743&psc=1
Can i add my internal 2.5" HDD to this from my OS MEGA. This statement is throwing me "Supports internal 2.5 inch hard drive data, but requires an open enclosure to use the slot on the back, 1 x common interface slot (CI+), 4 GB EMMC Flash / 1 GB DDR3 memory"
Can i flash with latest openvix image?
Also, if you do go for this box, dont buy from Amazon Germany, its 27 pound ish more expensive than at Zgemma H7S - 4K - 3 Tuners - 2 x DVB-S2X + 1 x DVB-T2/C

with the android phone you can download an app called enigma 2 remote control, now its quite a while since i got it but once setup you can control box from anywhere in house.

I don't think you can remote control a H7S via modulator but will have a look.

have you bought the box yet? And it can take 4 images ha 4 slots.

what is tri link?

My OS Mega had RGB output that was connected to the Trilink for distribution and also allowed RF (magic eye) control.
Cant see engima 2 app in the app store.. i do have dream player, but i really dont want to have to open my phone to change channels
Have purchased and need to set up with openvix.

I saw something that could send signal from 1 tv to another, Not sure what it was called , wireless hd tv sender I think. It just used the hdmi.

I saw something that could send signal from 1 tv to another, Not sure what it was called , wireless hd tv sender I think. It just used the hdmi.
think that is just for sending video and audio, he already had tv connected to stb via tri-link-kit tv is in another room so needs stb with 3.5mm connector for magic eye the zgemma h7s does has an av connector but no rgb connectors or rf out

Last edited:
Back