whats the difference ?

leejon123

hi could someone please give me some friendly advice i have a choice of purchasing a vu+solo2 £320 plug and play or z star 2s 500gb with sly layout £220 again plug and play.
what is the difference beetween these boxes and is th e vu+solo 2 worth the extra £100 ? ive currently just got the very basic v8s box which all in all im happy with but i think its time for upgrade.thanks lee

I tend to go for mid range boxes something like the xtrend ET8000. this box will deal with anything you are likely to need and is fully supported by VIX £159.00 world of sat mix and match up to 3 tuners

Yeah, I agree with Mike, also it's much better to buy a box and line separate.

Most plug and play boxes are supplied by re-sellers.

which means they buy lines in bulk off a server with a discount and sell them on
usually in a plug and play deal for people who just want the convenience.

They have no control over the server or level of service, they are middlemen.

If the server goes down or is just really glitch, or you are promised a twelve month line that goes off after three
then there is not much you can do about it.

Go to a server direct and spend a bit of time learning to set up a box, you will be much better off in the long run.

vu solo2 is an excellent box and officially supported, zgemma are not supported by vix and can't be updated over the air. Vu with internal drive fitted £239 from world of satellite so if they are setting and including 12 month line I suppose is acceptable if you don't want to do it yourself. Zgemma looks like a clock radio and has no room for internal drive also runs a lot slower in operation go for solo2

Zgemma runs a patched version of vix it's not supported by vix and never will be to update the firmware you have to flash from a usb with patched firmware,

Take a look at World of Satellite and buy the best box you can afford depending on your needs, if your not a TV addict then stick with a mid range box like Mike and bees suggested. Internal HDD's will provide you with huge amount of recording space but if your not recording massave amounts of TV then save some cash and use a large USB stick, you can pick up a 64GB for less than £15 which will provide you lots of space.

Don't rush it, have a look and read at the different boxes but I would suggest a box that's supported by VIX as this will be easier to update

Back