Which Smart TV to get for IPTV?

newby

Hi I am hoping to buy a smart tv sometime this week, and have narrowed it down to two brands. LG or Samsung. Nothing fancy , just a smart HD tv. Anyone here have an opinion on which brand would be easier to get an IPTV sub in. I have read that Samsung are difficult to get IPTV on, due to them withdrawing some of their apps but have also read that the LG app for IPTV is very slow and buggy . I know Hitachi have got a Linux platform but im not that keen on the picture/colour on it. Of course if all else fails, i could use an enigma box on it , but i would like to try using iptv without a box or firestick etc. Any opinions/suggestions , would be very much appreciated!
Thank You

That’s the only reason I would get the LG, but I’d go for Sony Android myself..
I’m Panasonic all the way through but no apps on mine lol

That's the problem with smart TVs. They are a closed system. If the brand doesn't want IPTV apps they just remove them from there app store
Android is open

Yep as Graham says sony andriod tv , i have one myself and iptv , kodi , beetv and anything else you want to put on works fab and no need to sideload download direct to tv , ya they are a bit pricey but imo well worth the extra .....

Thank you for all the suggestions! Sounds like i should go for an android tv instead or a firestick. i find it frustrating shops dont list what platform their smart tvs run on. I have looked at the Sony , and yes they are bit more expensive, but it doesnt say it uses an android os. Is there an easier and less time consuming way to find out what platform a smart tv is using ?. Even the manufacturers website is sometimes vague
Thank You

Pot luck with smart TV make I've got Sony bravia 4k uhd TV no iptv apps on it and no app store to download apps onto it and paid through nose for it so imo it's pot luck cause you can't exactly ask excuse me what iptv apps has your tv got on it lol

From experience its generally only Sony that do Android. Pop into your local Currys, find your desired model and then look online lol

Get John Lewis to price match and you will also get a 5 year guarantee! Richer Sounds also offer similar guarantee.....................

Yes , thats what so frustrating. It all seems to be a hit or miss . like you said , i cant really ask "what iptv apps is available?" i will probably get a firestick as you can buy them for 40 quid, but will look up and see how difficult or easy it is to install iptv sub on it .I will probably still get a smart tv , from richer sounds or J lewis as they have a 6 and 5 yr guarantee on their tvs . I dont know much about smart stb but wil look that up too.
Thanks!

Yes , thats what so frustrating. It all seems to be a hit or miss . like you said , i cant really ask "what iptv apps is available?" i will probably get a firestick as you can buy them for 40 quid, but will look up and see how difficult or easy it is to install iptv sub on it .I will probably still get a smart tv , from richer sounds or J lewis as they have a 6 and 5 yr guarantee on their tvs . I dont know much about smart stb but wil look that up too.
Thanks!
installing on a firestick is not a major job, depending on provider but normally just have to install an app and enter your sub details.

Thanks!
Iptv is easy to setup on firestick go for the 4k one and get the ethanet adaptor for it off amazon and have direct speed from router most providers will send you links to particular apps to type in downloader

I would just get a suitable box. If you are a bit short of cash there is nearly always a deal i the for sale section.

Back