Why is my signel Quality bar on 0

K_cain

I've got good single strength but rubbish signel Quality. Why is this. I can't rescan because of this. I cables are good and local services are good. And when I do a rescan do I rescan on the networks one, or all or scrambled ect. Or it could be my box has given up

do you have a live cable feed from vm as if you do bbc1 should be able to pick up,recheck setup again and no local issues?

do you have a live cable feed from vm as if you do bbc1 should be able to pick up,recheck setup again and no local issues?
Yeah my vm box work with no Issues. And i won't rescan now cos of the signel Quality. When I try it let me choose the TP area I need. It's just say scan compleat and there no channels there..

and if you plugged box where the vm box is any difference even on other channels?
I had my kryptview in had no problems till one morning were it was Unwatchable so I did a factory reset and try to rescan it but it won't do it. I've put I'm vm box back in with no problems. I've new cables in now two but it still won't have it. Just get that Signal quality bar back up. And when I do try to scan it it dose not give me the option to select my area. It gos straight to scan completed but there's no channels there :(. Think I'm going to go the sat route. :(

Have you factory reset, correct provider, correct net id, If you go sat route no HD if on a fixed dish, + sub, think about it
every time you scan make sure you factory reset

If you have the tools to re flash the box I would try that first.. Null cable,xp port,stb loader and Aug 2013 bin file from in here... And then as TBC says factory default,net id etc... Its probably something minor as your channels work etc and if you don't get net id page then your not factory defaulting after each search.. Ted

and whats starring him in right in his face on provider box is provider and net id info,bet ya not checked if changed lol

and whats starring him in right in his face on provider box is provider and net id info,bet ya not checked if changed lol
Why would my provider have change. I do a factory reset every time I try to do a scan but it not coming with the bit were you chose the area. I'll plug it back in and have another mess about with it

---------- Post Merged at 03:18 PM ----------

The date on my up date is 11.11.12. Is this right?

---------- Post Merged at 03:47 PM ----------

I've manage to do a rescan but having still havin major signel issues. Glitching like mad. Oh will I give up with it. How come there no hd with the sat box's ?

I think that date is wrong what box have you, try internet upgrade.
I don't have kv now, went sky route 6 months ago before loss of hd. if you want hd stick with kv or invest in motorised dish
just checked in downloads a780 08-03-2014 latest file. didn't make a note of a850 but after what you have stated im surprised you had any channels
recently

Last edited:
spot on ,deffo not kept up with updating box as you should have,now its a manual flash your box time again.

Null and dell...and a Aug 2013 bin file/stb loader is what's needed or a Ted send and return.. PS you done well with that out of date firmware.. You don't have to go to the "dark side" aka sat..!! so soon.. I can fix your box no problem.. Pm me if you wish.. Super Ted..!! Lol

in downloads section, were are you trying to get the file from

just checked file is there, has ted says null modum cable now required. you have missed 5 updates, if you get it going has cactikid said check for updates at least once a month, ps make sure null not rs232 cable or you could brick it.
other option you could do a box to box if you know someone with same box good luck

Last edited:
top of this page downloads make sure it is the latest file I think it is the first one in the list
and make sure it is A780 NOT A850 OR A750

its back on now thanks you guys. just one work thing. is the sat box not the way forword?? been told off friends that there beter then cable

well done I bet you keep an eye on updates now, every month or so just check internet upgrade,

With regards to sky your mates must be happy with sd then. Sky route No premium channels HD, Sub required Need a good server if not wasted money,
Plus side more channels better range of boxes, depending on which box enigma 2 boxes lots of plugins but very complicated at first to set up, great boxes loads to choose from.
Basic skybox similar to your kv very basic box easy to set up.
If I was you I would buy KV A850 same has yours but HD £250 No subs. I'm delighted with my enigma box but do miss HD sport you pay your money take your choice

Back