WiFi camera to tv or firestick

plasterer

Just put up a Cctv Camera wifi 5ghz.
All running as should.
Camera is Aventi Op1
Also have the app on my phone for viewing while away.
Can screen mirror Huawei p30 pro to fire tv box.
Just wondering if I could pick up the stream with vlc player. I've tried putting in the ip with various urls, may also need a port adding. I've tried youtube and Google tips, with no luck.
Anybody done this. Cheers.... Paul

Hi Paul, not sure if this helps you or not, or if this is what your looking for? i have CCTV, (Maxx One) with a Surveillance client app / program for pc and mobile, i haven't tried VLC.
I have 2 front left and right of the house and 2 back left and right of the house, giving me an overall view of our property, i can view from laptop, desktop pc, mobile, wife's mobile, kids mobile and their laptops, so in an emergency it can be viewed anytime anywhere, especially if i'm out and my wife is on her own.
I also managed to side load the app provided to my Firecube with "apps to fire" so i can open the app on the firecube and view from our main mounted tv in the living room, assuming your app is similar, i would have thought this may be what your looking for?
Give it a try, as long as you have the app on your phone you can send it via "apps to fire" to the firecube / firestick and it's pretty straight forward to do.
Hope this helps you
Kind Regards

Cheers mate will try that later on. Think app is 180 Meg. Wot app are you using for yours generic, or camera specific.
Thanks again.... Paul

Cheers mate will try that later on. Think app is 180 Meg. Wot app are you using for yours generic, or camera specific.
Thanks again.... Paul
Hi Paul
I downloaded the app for Maxx One from play store and for the PC i went to their website and downloaded and installed that, The app that was installed on my Mobile i also side loaded to firecube with "apps to fire" app already installed on mobile, as it's android based and having installed it, i put all the same credentials in the same as my mobile and it works fine, hope you get sorted (y)

No sorry no joy with either. I did download a free app to tv cube. After inputting ip and port it searches through 500 cameras, but not mine (Temu 4 ya). I then sent the Arenti app from my phone to the cube, allowed all permissions, it opens longways then shuts down. I've got Maxx one app on my phone but not picking up camera. It may not be accessible after all. I will stick to screen mirror. Thanks for helping out though... Paul

OK update sort of.
Got the camera now playing on 4k firestick via Web app and silk browser,in bedroom. However same exact setup on fire tv cube 2nd gen updated today, won't play streams. Get this error below. Strange one stick plays, but cube won't. Any ideas please.... Paul

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_195404_edit_238438005142783.jpg
    IMG_20240205_195404_edit_238438005142783.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
OK update sort of.
Got the camera now playing on 4k firestick via Web app and silk browser,in bedroom. However same exact setup on fire tv cube 2nd gen updated today, won't play streams. Get this error below. Strange one stick plays, but cube won't. Any ideas please.... Paul
I'd have thought the cube could handle the newer codecs.
Have you tried it on an enigma2 box?

Haven't had one running for a while now, enigma 2.
On Laptop Firefox wnt open stream
Microsoft Edge does.
Sik browser on 4k max will also play stream
But cube won't.
Maybe browser specific.
Will keep trying. Paul

Back