Wifi device

Are you connecting from a usb dongle/arial? If so you will need to DL the firmware for that on the box first and install it.
Most of the time people forget to reboot box and even turn on the WLAN option on the box.
It is also helpful if you mention the box and where the wifi is being connected from/to so peeps with a wealth of knowledge on that box can come to the rescue?

Are you connecting from a usb dongle/arial? If so you will need to DL the firmware for that on the box first and install it.
Most of the time people forget to reboot box and even turn on the WLAN option on the box.
It is also helpful if you mention the box and where the wifi is being connected from/to so peeps with a wealth of knowledge on that box can come to the rescue?

Yes i am using a usb dongle. I have DL the firmware already, it was working before however when i switched wifi providers it fails to establish a connection. I have a skybox f3 and my wifi router is around 5 metres away from it. Thanks

Ok, try changing the Chanel the WiFi is on as it may have a conflict with another channel move at least 4 away if you can. Make sure the dongle has the all the freq 2.4 and 5 GHz to receive?

Last edited:
Try a new wifi usb. My original one died a few months back. Got one with the antenna and it seems to be evenmore reliable/stable, but others have said different

Read it all first? Hope it helps?
Fix One
1. The Wi-Fi or the wireless adapter driver is not updated and not compatible with Windows 10. In some cases, the Wi-Fi driver is missing after Windows 10 update.
2. If reinstalling Wi-Fi drivers doesn't help, the problem may be triggered by unsupported VPN software present during the Windows 10 upgrade. If you have an old VPN client, specifically the Cisco VPN client or Sonic Global client, it’s certain that the piece of software is what is causing the no internet connection issue on Windows 10. Uninstall the VPN software.
Microsoft has explained it: “This issue may occur if older VPN software is installed on Windows 8.1 and is present during the upgrade to Windows 10. Older software versions contain a Filter Driver (the Deterministic Network Enhancer) which is not properly upgraded, leading to the issue.”
Wired Ethernet connections may also not function properly, if you are using built-in Ethernet adapter or a USB Ethernet adapter. Please note that some connected devices (like the very old ones) may also cause this no Internet issue.

Fix Two
Fancy explanation aside, here’s how you can fix all that and get Wi-Fi working again in Windows 10:
Step 1: To begin, launch Command Prompt as Admin. To do this, simply right click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
Step 2: Enter the following command and hit the Enter key:
reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f
Step 3: Now enter this command, and press Enter once more:
netcfg -v -u dni_dne
Preferably, you should restart your computer and check back with your Wi-Fi settings. All networks around you should now be visible and you should be able to connect to them easily.
I would like to take this moment to issue a word of caution for users running older versions of the Cisco VPN client or Sonic Global client. If you are running any one of these, and are planning on upgrading to Windows 10, you should uninstall them before proceeding.
Hopefully Microsoft will be issuing a more passionate warning in the next few days regarding this breakage before more users find themselves caught in this mess.

Hi, op did you resolve this and if so how? As for the post by mrtweaks I am stumped and at a complete loss, windows 10 and a F5 sat box!!!

Back