1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wifi Dongles

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star H.2S' started by d2cracker, Dec 25, 2016.

1. d2cracker

d2cracker Registered

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Bought the kids 2 h2s's but dafty here forgot to get 2 wifi dongles. Can anyone advise what sort I need or do I just just standard USB wifi dongles? Hoping to get one tomorrow when out and about from Pc world or currys or something.

any advice would be fab

cheers

2. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Either hard wire the boxes or pickup a set of tp link home plugs,Dongles are a pain to setup as you need to download drivers ect

3. d2cracker

d2cracker Registered

That was my next option already have home plugs but they will need some network switches

4. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Why would they need network switches,As long as you plug direct into the router and box they will just pair up

5. d2cracker

d2cracker Registered

Because they got the PS4 wired to the home plug in each room. So will need a switch in between

6. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    Im not a gamer but are the ps4 not wifi enable then

7. d2cracker

d2cracker Registered

Yup, but we have a plex server in the house and and streams better through the cable

8. moshibeth

moshibeth TK Veteran

Male
    {roofer
    hampshire
    I agree always best hard wired,Will have to wait until tommorrow then

9. murdotechmob

murdotechmob Registered

You can get home plugs with 2 network sockets on it to replace the existing one used for the PS4 so you don't need to waste another plug with a switch.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

10. d2cracker

d2cracker Registered

Got a TPlink 600mb and a tp link 5 port switch for under £26 today, be more than fast enough to run both

11. itskenallen

itskenallen Registered

The Edimax dongle or any with a Ralink chipset seem to work best for the Zgemma without needing drivers installed. If you have a decent router with stable WiFi, the dongle is good enough to run these boxes without issue.
    If u think ur wifi is flakey and not that stable, then better to hardwire it or use a home plug extender.

Here's a link to a previous discussion on this.
    http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=112836
    Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016