Wii fighting me every step of the way

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
i am modding a wii and it is fighting me every step of the way, i have home brew on, i have updated to 4.1(eventually), i installed CFG Configurable loader,

I am left with a couple of outstanding issues i cant work out. i installed preloader, again with a fight, but it wont let me exit to the HBC, it says it might not be installed.

second, i installed neo gamma, it will load DVD's, but wont recognise the HDD(CFG does)
the same is true of the waninkoko usb loader 1.0.

i loaded both the two above as wads, sholud i try uninstalling by wads, then re-installing, or can you think of any other reason why it wont recognise my HDD?

I know that neo gamma can do that sometimes,try power off the wii start up again and launch neogamma and load usb,which preloader are you installing,were all the ios intact before you started,i have just done 1 that had no ios's to do after a new super mario update,i had to create all new ones,i can't comment on waninkoko's loader,you might just need a update to your ios for preloader to recognise homebrew

I Have softmod for 4.1 with instructions for dummies ( no offence ment)
I will put on2 pendrive and bring in 2moro for u

biffo, it is softmodded, just having problems getting other stuff to work (remember who introduced you to the wonderful world of modding PSP and Wii) lol

sinno, i loaded the 0.29 that you recommended some time ago(didn't go for the .30 upgrade), this wii was rarely used judging by the calender records. as for the IOS's, is there a program that will tell me what is installed, so i can reply back. and finally, what do you mean upgrading the IOS, before homebrew is recognised?

cheers all.

I have just tried my Wii's preloader and tried to get it to exit to the HBC and it says " Error autobooting HBc. Maybe title not installed? ", it does stop the Wii from updating from both disc and internet, i just dont know about this one, how do you suggest updating IOS's to get preloader to recognise the HBC?

do you mean revision 19 cios installer?? if so already done

Last edited:
THIS is from Homebrew Channel/Help - WiiBrew

Nice update, but it has it's own drawback

The update for this breaks preloader's ability to boot into HBC. I don't know to revert to an older version, wait for the -now unmaintained- preloader to be updated or what. --[RePod] 04:37, 1 October 2009 (UTC)

Yeah if only there will be an update on preloader soon, I think preloader only launches the channel with the ticket HAXX, since HBC changes it's ticket to JODI..it will (eventually) load nothing.--Keithpichu 10:00, 6 October 2009 (UTC)

Looks like Preloader/Third Party Mods/DacoTaco fixes this (or maybe the official Preloader 0.30 already did?). Can someone confirm? --Mu mind 02:52, 16 October 2009 (UTC)
Code:
http://gbatemp.net/t242704-upgrade-to-hbc-1-0-7

this seems to say that the preloader and the HBC aren't compatible.

by the way i sorted both the neogamma and USB loader 1.0 problems, i had already revision 19 on the Wii, but i read a post around here about Wii error codes and from that i put on the ios 38 revision 14, and hey presto, they both recognised the HDD.

Sinno, could you check with your own Wii, whether you can exit to the HBC from preloader, cheers. if so, can you tell me which version of both you have installed:thimbs up:

no rush, the most important part of the preloader is to stop the updates. there is a suggested way around this using a boot.dol and the installed files function of the preloader, installing boootmii, then exiting out to the HBC.

Wheelo,m8 you got me thinking and worried,thank christ i did'nt need it to get to homebrew,you were right i could'nt get to homebrew with .29 or a version of .30 i had saved,i did find the solution HERE
A little easier than your post above

okay Sinno, so do i uninstal Preloader, then install priiloader? on the preloader page of the site you just gave me it says that to uninstall preloader, you have to reinstal the system menu, now i dont like the sound of that. is there a simpler way to install priiloader on a wii with preloader?

Wheelo i just installed it after i had updated from .29 to .30,all it did was update it,i assume it would uninstall the existing one itself as in overwrite it

cheers sinno, so just put the installer in apps and the hacks file on the root and bobs your uncle, thanks a million

Back