Wireless repeater

jodav

VIP Member
Hi all,

I am looking to extend the wireless range of a wireless router (Virgin Superhub) in a club near me. From the location of the router to the furthest away room there is no signal for the customers on their phones etc.

I am looking at purchasing a wireless repeater\range extender and was wondering if anybody has any experience of this, in particular which repeater would be advisable, and which to avoid.

Any tips\advice appreciated.

jodav :)

No stopping your versatility jodav?

From Web design to wireless networking, you da man (y)

Thanks morashid679 :)

I note this is an access point as opposed to a repeater, I have not ruled out an access point and will have a look at the reviews of the WN802T.

I have a question morashid679

If I run a homeplug connection from the main wireless router (virgin superhub) to the WN802T. Can I then configure the WN802T to broadcast the superhubs SSID. or will I need to create a new SSID for the WN802T.

I hope I have worded my question that explains what I mean right

I have never had the need as yet to use an access point (or repeater) and would just like to be sure about things.

Thanks for your kind input morashid679.

No stopping your versatility jodav?

From Web design to wireless networking, you da man

Here is my website I constructed years ago Gman, its not much but gave me a sense of achievement at the time :)

Code:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/joseph.nolan/index.htm

Thing is I have forgot all I had learned and would not have a clue now lol

Here is my website I constructed years ago Gman, its not much but gave me a sense of achievement at the time

I'm sure it did. It's an area I always meant to dabble in but never got around to it.

Thanks morashid679 :)

I note this is an access point as opposed to a repeater, I have not ruled out an access point and will have a look at the reviews of the WN802T.

I have a question morashid679

If I run a homeplug connection from the main wireless router (virgin superhub) to the WN802T. Can I then configure the WN802T to broadcast the superhubs SSID. or will I need to create a new SSID for the WN802T.

I hope I have worded my question that explains what I mean right

I have never had the need as yet to use an access point (or repeater) and would just like to be sure about things.

Thanks for your kind input morashid679.

Interesting,

I'll try that n let you know.

I have a few plugs lying about.

Back