Windows 7 Wndows 7 usb

Im trying to install Windows 7 on a laptop via a usb. I keep getting BOOTMGR is missing and thats all i get to. I have no windows installed so cant use any recovery options on installation disk? I have changed bios boot order but cant get past BOOTMGR missing

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
try this
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-bootmgr-is-missing-resolved-using-winre/8bb148bc-8035-4847-9696-888f7a0a9720?auth=1

Problem is i cant get into the windows installation so cant use any restore/repair function

Yes it worked but it wouldnt let me install when windows installation booted as it said there was a issue with the partions. I think what happened was i might of possibly deleted the partions but not sure

Did you create the bootable USB using diskpart, or did you use any software tools? Are you using an .ISO?

Yes i used a programme called rufus. Like i said the bootable usb worked the first time before i messed around with deleting partions in the windows installation screen

Normally, when deleting partitions during a fresh installation, you're unable to delete the source drive (or it isn't available). The USB stick should still boot.

Do you have access to the USB via a different machine?

Check if all the files are still on the USB stick.

There should be 5 folders and few other files in the root.

Its saying the disk needs formating so i guess theres an issue. What should i format to? Fat, ntfs or exfat

NTFS.

Microsoft also have a tool for creating a bootable drive. I don't know if I'm allowed to provide a link, but search for "Windows USB/DVD Download Tool".

Used method above but got the following
50328ef75bd67c722d46d32b0cff7a10.jpg

You can't create a bootable 64-bit installation from a 32-bit machine. That's your problem.

There are probably ways around this if you search. Other than that, just install a 32-bit version.

Let me know how you get on with 32-bit. Still keep your 64-bit version if you can, as I think there is a work-around if you have both versions.

Ok so before you mentioned the 32bit issues u created a new usb with the 64bit version which is working at let me start installation. It got have way through and then gave me the following issues. Yes my screen is cracked lol i will try 32bit later just thoughy this might help

1255ce2a0602926266f99b0668ee8c53.jpg

Last edited:
Back