Wont update, and scrambled.

Fleabum

Hi all,

I have got a a780, flashed it recently to 19012015 using loader and usb-serial adabpter, factory reset and rescanned (as suggested in all the tuts), seem to be able to see BEEB1 so I know the cable feed is OK, but when I scan for updates, it just sits at scanning, never finds anything, also no 'other' channels are clearing, just scrambled.

Anyone else in the Nottinghamshire area having these kinds of issues?

Thanks.

Regards
Flea

**edit** just noticed there is a 20012015 firmware release, I will try that, see if that helps. Will respond shortly.

---------- Post Merged at 03:29 PM ----------

Okes updated to this now, factory reset, and rescanned :-

Date : 20/01/2015
Software Version : Kryptview A780 pv4.2.08
H/W version : v3.0.0

All channels found, still wont descramble. :/
Autoupdate just shows searching for new update

Regards
Flea

Last edited:
Thanks danny104,

Its been factory reset twice, channel wiped, and tp wiped, then setup again. Net ID is right, there is only one in my area and it matches the NETID, QAM of a working Dreambox, and as that works fine, I know its not an issue with the cables, signals or internet.

I have an idea that its the superhub blocking the port the a780 uses, does anyone know which ports the a780 uses to communicate with the key server?

Further testing I think I will need to use some other device to connect to the net, maybe try a 4G inet connection and route the a780 through that.

Regards
Flea

Last edited:
kv780

mine was fine yesterday all down today stopped working i dont think its ur box i think vm jus blocked it at ther end

kv780

vm deffo blocked boxes over their net atm jus had kv workin through mobile phone internet connection over a wifi hotspot then shared the wifi internet connection on my pc and plugged kv box straight in back of pc and it worked lol

Server is the issue no need to or indeed point resetting and rescanning. You will need to wait until it's resolved once resolved it will clear the scrambled message. Only question that no one really knows is when it will be fixed, that i am afraid is impossible to predict until extent of the issue is identified first usually within a few hours but on rare occasions a day or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope your right barryboom. :)

I think it might be worth trying a different ISP and/or VPN though just to rule out vermin playing dirty.

Regards
Flea

If you can see beeb and ITV then vermin ain't cut you off... You have either a box issue or internet/router issue.. Super hub I think does gives problems..! Ted

Back